We need your help to improve how you find a Sit

Yes, or if they could not do regions, it would be good to be able to combine several states of your choice into one saved search, since we can only have 3.

2 Likes

Hi,
I have found that when I’m looking for a sitter I always check people calendar/schedules but when you get a reply from people they say no, I’m not available. Do people know how to change their calendar to say they can’t sit. i went through over 50 applicants and could not get one sitter for the dates I required.
Also , my inbox says there is 2 messages unread, yet i have to scan through every single message to find just 1 unanswered out of maybe 50, very frustrating.

1 Like

Hello Maree i faced the same situation (with my owner cap) contacting sitters not far from us as the sit was very short. I know (as a sitter this time) more références you get better it is. I thought they might be interested.
But all sitters contacted declined or did not take time to answer me. Although their dates seemed to fit.

1 Like

Thank you Provence for your feedback, it’s amazing isn’t it. I’m still getting replies an people saying " sorry I can’t make it".
If everyone could check their profiles every now and then and highlight the days they are available then un-highlight the days they are not .
I am only in the house-sitters club to find people to come to us and I had tried and paid for us to pet sit at other peoples places but it never fitted in with our plans so now I only pay half the cost.

1 Like

Am getting turned down by people .
Who i applied for sits last year and wasn’t successful
Suddenly they are reappeared.
Am having to explain that I didn’t reapply.

1 Like

Maree i prefer to remain both an owner and a sitter as when my husband does accept to come with me to sit i need sitters… when he préfèrs to stay home with our dog, then i apply to sit If i need conjugal breaks.
I want to move, to travel as long as i can (i may be the oldest sitter on this forum)
So many places to discover. I miss terribly my cat who passes away 3 months ago. i want to cuddle cats again, sits are fantastic for that. Healing with the help of other members’animals.

1 Like

I update our availability regularly :+1:

1 Like

Hi @Maree sitters do get reminders to update their calendars and product are constantly looking at the messaging system, thank you for the feedback which is invaluable for the product team.

1 Like

Hi again,
Ideally, we would like to do both but it doesn’t suit as we 13 yr. old Thomas puss he can’t be left alone and we need someone to be here all the time. I couldn’t get anyone from pet sitters this time as we are going interstate for 2 weeks and found a friend who could help instead.
We had a lady from another country town during the Covid period as only regional Victoria could travel at the time and she doesn’t have any pets so she can travel virtually anywhere. I’m only a volunteer in an Op shop so travel is always in our plans and friends say to us, you’re going away again.

Ha. ha.
yes, I’ve heard of the Pyrenees of France/Spain but need to research it more.

### Visit the Pyrenees Wine Region Victoria today! Only 2hrs from …

this link, which I hope will open will give you a better idea of our area.
Regards, Maree

Thanks.the link works

Given that TH sits are done online, would it be fairer to those of us in the US and other areas where times are behind the UK, to release sits at staggered times so that we all have an equal chance at seeing a sitting opportunity before it’s gone? I often find that by the time I’ve gotten an email, sits have either over 20 applications or are full.

2 Likes

Welcome :wave: Cozzie

1 Like

HI @Cozzie welcome to our community forum and thank you for your feedback and suggestion.
We look forward to getting to know you better and sharing in your THS Journey, enjoy connecting with our members from around the world.

Angela & The Team

Hi Cozzie
Being ahead of time the same problem arises for me in the UK looking for US sits, I’m not sure with 24 time zones how staggered listings would satisfy everyone. :thinking:
Martin

2 Likes