What do your write in your application to sit?

I do provide both a phone and an email address - suggest using one of the apps for contact if desired.

1 Like

It depends on the situation. I don’t usually include my phone number or personal email address in my initial application, but I do exchange it after a HO has expressed interest. I received an invitation yesterday for a sit I had just favorited. I was not available for her dates but sent my phone number so she can contact me directly in the future. I have also sent letters of intro that include my contact info to HO whose sits I’m not able to apply for now but would like to be considered for in the future.

1 Like

I meant I don’t include it in my initial application but once the homeowner replies and is interested, then I offer my phone # to have a chat. I find a lot of the homeowners don’t necessarily feel the need to chat prior to the sit but I always do.

I could do an application in 4 words - ‘I’m brilliant, pick me!’ :laughing: - but I do add more info and make it personal to the dog and the area. I offer to do a WhatsApp chat which sometimes the HO takes up, and sometimes they don’t.

2 Likes

I’m wondering if HOs get a link to your profile when you apply? Do we need to say where we’re based so they can find it more easily? I don’t put absolutely everything about us ( just the most important bits) in the application so I do urge the HO to see our profile to learn more about us, and let them know we’re very happy to have a zoom call, I’m hoping there’s an automatic link but I’m not sure.
Thank you

We think our application letter is fine, it certainly covers the advice I have read on the forum ( Thank you everyone) but I really would like to know if the HO gets a link to your profile or do we need to let them know where we’re based so they can find it more easily?

Yes, we [home-owners] get a link to your profile when you apply for a sit. My inbox shows the sitter’s name and when I open the message, under their name is their strapline followed by ‘View profile…’

We can click to see your profile, but I don’t know what you mean by “where we are based”. We can see the location you have listed on your profile, but if you are sitting somewhere else, we have no way of knowing. I had an application last week from a sitter whose profile said he was in Israel but, in messages, he said he was in the US.

2 Likes

Thank you Lassie, yes I did mean where we are located on our profile. Since I wrote my post I now know that HOs see a link to your profile so will be able to see where you are located. Thank you for responding.

Thank you so much for your reply, it’s much clearer now!