When do people start posting sits for the holidays?

Right now :blush: it starts around summer but it really peaks between September and October. So right now your phone should be blowing up with notifications daily if youre on any of the saved searches plans

I’ve had my sit up for a couple months now for the holidays, and haven’t had a single application :pensive:
I’ve invited sitters nearby and haven’t been able to get any with the right schedule. Anyone interested in watching a Frenchie puppy and two sweet kitties in Clarksville, TN for the holidays? Sit is linked to my profile :blush:

Hi @minyul9193 and welcome back! I know you are probably getting nervous, but please be patient and I am sure you will get applicants…who wouldn’t want to stay with those adorable babies! If I weren’t going to Florida for the holidays I would gladly apply as we have so many friends in the Nashville area…and love that entire area…beautiful and lots to see and do!

Good luck and just keep asking…I’m sure it will work out for you.

1 Like

Hello @minyul9193 I’ll point out some things that may be obstacles to attracting sitters:

1. Realistically, those who have their own transportation are the ones most likely to be interested. Otherwise, transportation costs can be prohibitive.

2. Asking people to start on Christmas Eve can be a negative, both for transportation (schedules & higher costs, if from a distance), and for the sitters to enjoy their own holiday season, if they do celebrate it.

3. You’ve labelled it ‘family friendly’ and yet only show one bed and limited seating for eating.

4. Your outdoor photo of the deck doesn’t tell a sitter if there is any outdoor furniture.

5. You need to give an indication of how long the pets can be left alone. An important detail for most sitters.

1 Like