Where have all the sitters gone to?

Hi @Finch and welcome to the forum, although sadly at a time when you are deciding to leave TrustedHousesitters. I’ll just mention a few things that you may find interesting or useful.

There is a post on Sitter/owner ratios which includes @Angela_L’s 10 tips that can make a big difference in having a successful outcome for a listing.

I notice in your listing you’ve mentioned that you could work with a shorter timeframe. Have you considered adjusting your dates to reflect this shorter timeframe? If you do that, I believe it will refresh the listing and show as a new listing. Or you can adjust your headline to show ‘flexible dates’, which may attract suitable sitters.

One key point that comes up often on the forum is that, because of worldwide uncertainties for quite some time, many sitters are waiting until much closer to sit dates before booking. Given your sit is in August, there is still lots of time to find a suitable sitter. You have many key features in your favour, including no mention of a car being needed, and being family friendly. Those are important bonus features for many sitters.

I’m not trying to change your mind, but more just hoping to highlight some things you may not be aware of.

Francine,
Voluntary Forum Moderator

5 Likes