Which one are you? Devonshire or Cornish?

@Debbie-L Send a nice pic if you manage to find one! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This might work:

2 Likes

That sounds Lovely. Do share some pics and your thoughts when you do.

2 Likes

@Debbie-L Most definitely! :clap:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

As it happens, we have just confirmed a housesit on the Devon Cornwall border at the end of May. We will use the opportunity to undertake some research and try both styles of cream tea in the appropriate county. We will report back with our findings!

3 Likes

Make sure you send pics of those findings!

2 Likes

@Debbie Congratulations on your forthcoming house sit! :clap:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

That would be fabulous and if you can take some photos and share with us even better! :smiley:

2 Likes

@Samox24 @Debbie-L we will definitely take photos!

2 Likes

Where else would I be enjoying a Cornish Cream Tea in 2019 but near Penzance, Cornwall!!!

10 Likes

@temba Brillant photo and makes me homesick for the UK, now I need to bake some scones and recreate your Cornish Cream Tea :yum:

5 Likes

I wonder why I’m looking forward to returning to Devon and Cornwall this year???

3 Likes

You all keep tugging at me…:yum::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

@temba What a perfect photo. I am now drooling!

4 Likes

Now I need someone to share the perfect recipe for these

2 Likes

Has to be jam first for me, but I’m not from either Devon or Cornwall might try it the other way round next time I have one….who knows I might be converted!

Oh, that is good! I can’t wait to see the follow up to this important research!:
Cream on chin, jam everywhere, preferably.
Enjoy it with gusto!

4 Likes

Superb! I love seeing this. What a nice day and set up!

2 Likes

Well, purely in the interests of research I have now tried the Devon way of cream first and………I don’t like it! So I will be sticking to the ‘proper’ way of jam first!:grin:

2 Likes

Ok, we’re from Somerset and I prefer cream on first. That’s purely because you can then have more cream on the scone! If you put the jam on first, the cream slides off whereas the jam will just slither over the cream. TBH I’m not really bothered either way.

3 Likes

@temba , LOVE the picture. I want to be there with you!

3 Likes