Why do sitters choose not to leave a bad review even after they have received theirs - I feel let down by my fellow sitters

Good idea but I’m not sure that would even work. You are correct about the retaliation aspect of the present review system.
Reviews are very subjective. A dirty home for one sitter might be an untidy home for another. Yes, I read the reviews but I also rely on the pictures, the conversation and I usually ask to see round the home on the video call then I go on my gut instinct.
I never apply for a sit when the pictures show an unmade bed or dirty dishes in the sink. If they can’t be bothered to tidy up for listing pictures……well. If there are two or more reviews with less than 4 stars I will read very carefully.
Recently, I have been asked by potential sits if I can supply a couple of contacts for previous places we have sat which I did. After asking the previous HO if it was ok first. Maybe the sitters should be asking this as well if they have any doubts.
Tricky subject. To give an honest review could stop your journey in its tracks but to not might be dishonourable to fellow sitters. Sticking a balance is difficult. If you see one of my reviews and I don’t mention something, eg. Kitchen cleanliness take it as a negative. I’ve only ever had one and I felt so sorry for the older lady, she was a full time carer to her husband and obviously was very depressed, I didn’t have the heart to give her a bad review. I just rolled up my sleeves and cleaned.

5 Likes