Why do sitters choose not to leave a bad review even after they have received theirs - I feel let down by my fellow sitters

@Angela-HeadOfCommunity, what happens when a sitter is reported to have violated the third party policy agreement? Is there an investigation and if so, what are the possible repercussions?

I’m curious as to whether it’s a slap-on-the-wrist situation, or a site ban.

Hi @Pips the Membership Services Team look into any complaints/reports about members for whatever reason there may be. You can contact them at support@trustedhousesitters.com

When an infraction or incident happens and it is reported to the team they will thoroughly investigate and if the member had breached the Code Of Conduct or Terms of Use depending on the severity there could be an official warning issued or a member could lose their membership status, either way any infraction is noted on the member’s profile/account details.

Please connect with the team.

Thank you.

Thanks for the reply, @Angela-HeadOfCommunity. I was just curious about the process as, unlike the rules, the THS grievance procedure isn’t detailed anywhere.

Hi @Pips no problem at all … if you need further information I will tag @Therese-Moderator who can advise when she is back online

We are owners of an old cottage. We don’t have a lot of spare cash so there are jobs we’d like to do but haven’t. The house is so old it doesn’t have a sub floor (this would cost about 30,000 per room!). So we have carpet tiles in the kitchen. We are often coming in and out from the garden too. Every time we have a sitter hubby says I get mega stressed as I do a huge clean up and clean out the oven / kitchen cupboards etc. . I imagine that people are looking for air BNB standards ie no hairs in the shower etc. Luckily no one has ever faulted us on cleanliness, just want sitters to know that an effort has been made :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ramsons I don’t know what approach other sitters take but I can accept that not everyone has a sleek, spotless home. In fact those are the sort of homes I avoid, I much prefer something with a bit of character and soul and as long as there are no fleas or unpleasant smells I’m pretty happy.
I also like to have something to clean, it gives me something to do.