Would anyone be interested in a two weeks sit in Montréal, Qc?

A friend of mine who has a rescue easy going cat wonders if anyone in our group would be interested to come for a two weeks period in August in Montreal. Our borders are still closed so she doubts she would find someone when she subscribes to THS. I told her I was going to ask opinions here. So, what do you think, Canadians ?

2 Likes

Well @Angela_L . Do you think there would be a chance my friend would find someone by subscribing ? Any active Canadians/ quebecers sitters ?

1 Like

I don’t think we would be able to make it to Montreal, but I feel fairly certain she’d be able to find a Canadian sitter. There aren’t too many sits available right now so if sitters are available, they would probably snap it up. It’s hard to say how open Canada will be by August, but we are all hopeful that things will be much closer to normal.

2 Likes

I don’t think your friend would have any problem finding someone. The sits in major cities usually get snapped up quickly. As sitters on THS we would definitely be interested in doing this sit as we’ve always wanted to go to Montreal - we live in Vancouver. If your friend decides to join THS we would be happy for her to check out our profile - we have almost 30 glowing references and we’d be available in August and hopefully we can travel to other provinces by then.

3 Likes

Thank you Annette. Your answer gives hope. Things seems to start again within Canada. Quebec is getting really good with the vaccination. The numbers of people infected and hospitalized are getting low, so I think that by August, this pandemic should be in control. Let’s hope anyway. I will suggest to my friend to subscribe to THS and tell her about you.
Let’s keep in touch.

2 Likes

Brigitte, just as @Kelownagurl says there will be Canadian sitters looking for domestic sits, especially in these post COVID times when everyone is focused on domestic travel.

Coming to the site with ample lead time and creating a great listing, I’m sure you can help her with this, will place her in a great position and of course there is the full money back guarantee with the standard owner membership and if you use your RAF code you will gain months and she will have a “Welcome To The Community” discount.

I hope that helps

I agree with the comments made so far. I’m in Ontario and have not done a sit since before the pandemic as I stay within the limitations of our provincial and federal requirements. I think sitters are eager to travel now, and hopefully we will be in better shape by August. I would suggest that, if there is an applicant she likes from Quebec, that she give them priority. It’s just an added assurance that she would not have problems, if more restrictions were put in place. Sadly, I would avoid selecting someone from outside Canada right now. I plan to only take sits in Ontario this summer, but am hoping to return to being a snowbird this winter. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks so much Brigitte! Here in B.C. indoor dining is just starting up again today and travel restrictions within B.C. are being lifted on June 15 so hopefully there is hope on the horizon for all our provinces!

3 Likes

Hello.
For now, my friend hopes to find someone from her family or through her circle of friends before subscribing. We all did that. :wink:.
Will keep you posted if she puts an assignment on THS.
Restaurant Terrasses are reopening this Friday :grinning: .

1 Like

Watching @Brigitte … Good Luck!

1 Like