Getting Sitters

Are people in the US still getting sitters? I usually get responses right away. Posted dates for Sept and have received no applications at all. I did move from So Cal to Vancouver WA. I wonder if that would make a difference.

2 Likes

Hello @Cawall welcome to our community forum so glad you have joined us from beautiful WA State.

Sitters are very active once again and right across the US. As travel opens up more and more are resuming their pet and housesitting lifestyles.

As for any change of location the Upper Pacific Northwest is a really popular area snd post COVID sitters everywhere are discovering what amazing opportunities there are right in their own “back yard” and it’s worth remembering that location is only a part of what motivates a sitter to apply, it’s all about pets, people AND places … the whole pet sitting experience.

Our Membership Services Team are available with help and support and will look at your listing sometimes all it needs is a minor tweak in order to refresh, do reach out to them if you are still concerned about getting applications.

Thank you again for joining and there will be plenty of help and support here in the forum, enjoy connecting with our members from around the world.

Angela & The Team

Welcome to the forum! I found your listing and it looks great to me. If we were not already booked until October, it would be very tempting. You have a beautiful home in an interesting location and very cute kitties. Your needs seem very reasonable. Sitting opportunities have just recently increased significantly and many sitters are looking for longer sits or already booked, so it may take a little longer for you to get applicants. I would suggest that if you don’t have great candidates by the end of the month, you may consider inviting sitters within your region to apply. You may also want to reach out to former sitters. With Covid still lurking, your sit may be most attractive to sitters who are within a days drive from you. But I am relatively confident that you will have many applicants closer to your dates. Hugs to Sassy and Sadie. Good luck!

4 Likes

Thanks for your feedback. How would I target local sitters if the need should arise?

1 Like

You can always search for sitters in your area and send out invites if you’re not getting any bites.

2 Likes

We are desperate to get back to International sits. Looks like it might not be till next year though……
The lack of non US sitters may be a factor. Here’s hoping the borders open soon.
Elsie

1 Like

Hello Cawall and all,
I saw your listing it looks very nice, it’s a region that I really want to visit. Unfortunately, that will be for later because covid.
There is time by October

My hubby is really hoping for this fall, but who knows. I suspect it won’t be until 2022.

1 Like

My husband and I are usually looking for sits in Vancouver and Portland as this was our “home” and we love to come back. But, that area tends to get more popular as the sits get closer- unless they are long term sits.
So, given that your sit is for 1 week, I think you should hold out for a good sitter at a closer date.
As permanent nomads we tend to bite early for sits for longer than 1 month, and then take shorter sits at a later time or to fill it any known gaps in our sits.
Good luck and I hope to meet you and your cute calicos one day!
Tanya

1 Like

I hope so too. I will actually be looking for someone for 5 weeks in Mid Feb 2023.

1 Like

I agree with the comments already posted. You certainly seem to have done everything right in the way you’ve set up your listing. I’m in Canada and am waiting for the official word that our government is no longer asking us not to travel. I’m expecting that will soon be allowed, and I will be fully vaccinated this week, in which case I’ll be eager to book sits. Maybe others from Canada will be the same? I hope all goes well for you, both with finding a sitter, and your travels.

2 Likes

Hi Snowbird. I thought the “non essential travel” recommendation in Canada had been removed?

Her post is from last June.

1 Like

@Rosalie If you’re referring to my post before yours here, note that it was dated June of 2021. I think you’re correct, but I haven’t checked lately. I would always check the government site for the latest updates.

1 Like