100 000 members now ? How THS faces such an increase

I guess THS team must be delighted by the sudden increase (last year it was only 60 000 members ?) but I wonder how the customer service manages to face (and cope) all these demands…
The telephone line must be busy !

I thought we, sitters, would be overwhelmed by new sits proposals (40 000 + must appear somewhere in the listings sent daily) but I don’t see much difference
Does this mean european members only see new listings from members living in Europe, and may be not all of them, and only a few listings from northern america. Is there a change everyday ? Which is the criteria ?

I read somewhere on the forum that “new” listings appeared as “new” only one day. But we never see thousands of new sits (it would take long to read). So what ? Where do they hide ? Is there a turn over ?

If I type USA in my search I don’t see thousands of adverts, does this mean all new american owners have quickly found sitters ? They seem luckier, then, than british ones who cry not to find any

Among the new members, is there a balance between owners and sitters, or more sitters ?

1 Like

I think there are lot more sitters than HOs, maybe 4 times more (my impression)? So perhaps there could be just 20.000 HOs and 80.000 sitters? There are about 7K sits listed right now, but a lot of them are in the UK.

I think that’s incorrect, there are more owners currently than sitters and THS is promoting the organisation to reach out to more sitters

Hi @Candide thank you for once again highlighting our 100,000 member milestone achievement, I can remember a time when there were only two zeros behind the ONE.

Pet ownership increased dramatically during the pandemic and while many aspects of having pet family members is well catered for, food, insurance, pet apparel etc one key area which lacks choice is in home pet care and TrustedHousesitters offers the best solution and a mutually beneficial exchange between pet lovers.

Growth is factored into any successful company’s business plan and TrustedHousesitters is no exception to that rule. What is most important to our members is feeling part of a growing community and having the best possible TrustedHousesitters experience.

2 Likes