Any other families out there housesitting full time?

@theshowalters What a wonderful journey for your family, I’m curious where in the Balkans?

Hi @savoryandrose The Balkans are usually characterised as comprising as Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia and Slovenia with all or part of each of those countries located within the Balkan Peninsula, easternmost of Europe’s three great southern peninsulas. The region takes its name from the Balkan Mountains that stretch throughout the whole of Bulgaria.

Thanks for your response. Helpful to know what others do to housesit and cover personal expenses. I’ll probably work out house sits with work contracts since my jobs are on site at medical facilities. Perhaps house sits with cats would work, but I wouldn’ twant to leave dogs alone for the length of my shifts.
Again, thanks for the response.

Hi @theshowalters . I just saw your post. I lived in Albania and Kosovo and Macedonia for 25 years, not as housesitters but plain old residents. I raised 3 kids there and loved it. I hope you also find it a great place for family. I’ve wondered if THS does sits there. Have not explored that on the site, but certainly will after reading about your adventures.
Karen

1 Like

Hi @AdiMoreno we are a family of 5 from the US and we petsat full time from may until 2 weeks ago. My twins are almost 15 and have a 16 year old. We are currently in Korea but not petsitting because there’s really not many petsits in Asia but we do have one confirmed in Singapore over Christmas and new years. Having older kids is great. More people to clean the house on departure day and we love walking dogs as a human canine pack

4 Likes

Hi! We are from the US and in Wales currently on a sit. We are a family of 8 (5 kids) but for this trip, it is just my daughter and I. Km glad to see all of these family sitters!

1 Like

Hi @Travelingpotato just curious how hard it is to get sits accepted for your family of eight. So far we’ve completed 15 and have 2 more lined up and in the beginning it was really hard. We are a family of 5.

1 Like

Hello! Wow, 15 sounds like a huge amount considering traveling with 5! We haven’t found many owners who accept families so we haven’t travelled with all the kids yet (well travelled as house sitters, that is). I find it difficult to even find home owners who are interested in one adult and one child. :laughing: I’ve also noticed that if I apply to a listing that doesn’t say “family friendly” when I’m traveling with my daughter, I get more immediate rejections without explanations. Where are you all from? I’d love to host you in Idaho if you are ever wanting to travel there. We would prefer family house sitters. Do you find it easy to make friends while traveling? I’ve noticed people aren’t sure how to take my daughter and I. People are kind but give us a lot of space. Haha!

@Travelingpotato That is true that as a big party, we have gotten our fair share of rejections without explanations and some even comment that their home is not big enough for us. At first I didn’t think anyone would even entertain selecting our family, but then a few did and it was surprising. Our kids do meet and make friends on the road but only my daughter keeps the communication going with the people she meets. Basically for this traveling period of our lives, we are each other’s best friends. Kids are okay with this and love all of the experiences. I noticed since we have great reviews from previous hosts, as we apply now, it’s getting easier to get confirmed sits. I’ll always appreciate the hosts who selected us when we had little to no reviews in the beginning. Keep in touch, I would love to hear about your travels as a family

4 Likes