Full-time Traveler - starting this week!

Hello!
I had wonderful house-sitters from TH in the past and have done some pet-sitting on my own.

Times have changed! I took early social security, the cats are long-dead and I recently sold my house. I have a full summer planned including a pet-sitting gig for 7 weeks in Colorado. I am ready for lots of US road trips and hopefully, as much international travel as possible! Right now I have Panama and Morocco on the schedule.

Since I travel alone, I really prefer to stay with pets to keep me company. I also prefer warm climates and long-term house-sitting opportunities.

I look forward to getting to know all of you via this forum and maybe even in person!
Peggy

15 Likes

Welcome Peggy :wave:

1 Like

Welcome @Peggy! Sounds like quite the adventure you are embarking on - congrats on taking that leap. I’ve always wanted to go to Morocco, how exciting!

1 Like

Bienvenue from Québec @Peggy :grinning:

1 Like

I got a great deal on a flight! I’m super excited!

4 Likes

Merci! I would love to see Quebec… in the summer!!

2 Likes

Congrats! I sometimes envy those of you who are travelling full time, although I do enjoy coming home to my own bed after our trips. Enjoy your time, I hope you find lots of great sits and lovely pet cuddles. :grinning: :dog: :cat:

3 Likes

Hi @Peggy welcome to the forum and thank you for joining I see you’ve already had a warm welcome from members. There are so many great opportunities coming to the site all across the States and pet sitting is such a wonderful travel lifestyle for the pet loving traveller, you’re never alone in the company of a pet.

Thank you for the introduction into your TrustedHousesitters life and we cannot wait to get to know you better and share in your journey, enjoy connecting with other members.

Angela & the team

Welcome! And don’t let the pandemic stop you! We started full-time house sitting last July & have found back-to-back sits nearly ever since!

2 Likes

That’s awesome! I hope to do quite a bit of pet-sitting and house sitting.

For the past few years, I had been house-swapping. I loved it! People often left their cats in my care so that was a bonus. But now I sold my house so I am free!

Peggy

4 Likes

Sounds like you’re going to have fun adventures with furry friends along the way, enjoy!

1 Like

Thank you! We’ll see how long I last!

2 Likes

Welcome!! :purple_heart:

1 Like

Mesi! Where are you located? We have LOTS of Haitians here in Florida, including two adopted into my family.

2 Likes

Hey @Peggy ! We’re in San Antonio! But I have family in Florida and was just in Miami a few weeks ago!

2 Likes

I love San Antonio! I did all the touristy things there the one time I was there.

2 Likes

Welcome Peggy. Sounds so exciting and lots of fun! Enjoy your travels :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Peggy, I am brand new on this site and figuring out how it works. My husband and I live in Sonoma County CA, on the Russian River, closest town is Guerneville and we are about 8 miles from the coast. We have a wonderful neighborhood and an even more wonderful Golden Retriever. We plan to be away in September, beginning about the 15th or so for 12 days. Please let me know if you would consider staying at our home. Many thanks.
Karen

2 Likes

Hi Karen,
OMG - I wish I could! I am really hoping to explore California! But I got an incredible flight deal to Morocco so that’s where I will be in September. Then I took on some jobs back here in Naples in October. I’m trying to retire but my customers are so insistent!

I am probably going to get a pet-sitting gig from late January to late February 2022 in Los Osos, CA. I’ll know later today. If you go away before or after that, let me know. I have a good friend who moved to Monterey so I could just work my way north!

I love big dogs! I grew up with a pointer/lab mix, a husky, and a part-time German Shepard. Is the dog in good shape? I am really getting into hiking! I am starting my adventure in north Georgia and North Carolina. I have never hiked on hills! I’ve been in flat Florida most of my life.

Let me know! Thanks!
Peggy

2 Likes

Hi Kaya and welcome to our forum. Did I get it right ? You are not sure how to find a sitter for your next trip in September? @Angela_L, will surely explain you how to proceed. Many sitters are looking for assignments nowadays, so you should find one pretty fast after you put your ad on line.
Take care,
Brigitte

2 Likes