Asking for a search function that exists and does not exist at the same time

Some time this year, THS decided to remove the possibility to do a search for sits in EUROPE on both the app and the website versions of THS. However, because I had already set up a search for Europe 7 feb - 23 Sept 2024, I can see that it is still possible to search with this parameter both on my phone and the desktop version.

For the moment, I leave it there cos it is the only way I can easily see what sits become available in Europe in 2024, even though many of the sits clash with dates I have already confirmed. This is annoying because it allows me to see what I am “missing out” on.

Can the IT staff please put back the option for us to do a search on EUROPE?

Why am I asking for this? It is no longer convenient for me to have the saved search Europe7feb-23 Sept because I have confirmed some sits in that date range and at the moment what I want to set up is

Europe7-19 feb

Europe10-19 March

Europe17-30 April

Europe 5 Jul-23 Sept

Europe 17Oct-30 Nov 2024

I do NOT want to set up those dates one by one for various individual countries such as France, Italy, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, UK etc. I want to be able to set it up in one hit as EUROPE for each of those date ranges.

Considering that it is still actually possible to do it (proven by my existing saved search Europe 7 feb - 23 Sept 2024), please reinstate it on the app and desktop versions. While you’re at it, I guess it should be possible to do that for Australasia, North America, South America, Africa, Asia. Those are not places that I need/want to search in but it might be convenient for other sitters who search for sits in those continents.

How do other sitters feel about this?

@Carla1 - let me know if I should email this to THS support, or can you pass it on to the relevant THS staff?

1 Like

It should be easy for THS to do this. I would like it for EU and/or for the Schengen area. But this has been requested very often. Instead, THS does all kinds of different changes (uglifying the colours etc).

So in the web interface, I have set up map searches that cover the areas with many countries that I want to see new listings of.

1 Like

Yes, I get what you are saying.

Tbh I am asking for something that is already possible (but not possible). It’s not like I am asking for the moon!

1 Like

Hi @cat.tails
I also would like to search for sits in Europe and cannot fathom why not

1 Like

it was possible to create a saved search for EUROPE earlier this year but then for some reason it was no longer possible. The THS database (or whatever) can still react to my old saved search just fine as you can see in this screenshot

but it will not allow me to create new searches based on EUROPE filter

1 Like

Hi @cat.tails thank you for another great post and for bringing this back to the Forum. Carla is offline ATM but I have taken this back to the team on your behalf. I’m sure that Carla will update you when she is back online.