Availability: Location indication?

In a sitter profile it shows the dates available to do sits but not the where.
It would be useful if the Calendar also showed where a sitter is available.
Why not a cell next to the dates which sitters could populate with a location?
Something like this:
Mar 20 - Jun 20, 2024 E.U. & U.K.
Jun 21 - Sep 21, 2024 Canada & U.S.A.
Dec 10 - Jan 10, 2024 Western U.S.A.

2 Likes

@ASASG It wouldn’t have to be complicated at all with just a “memo” field.

1 Like

@ASASG When completing your sitter’s profile, under ‘Your Preferences’, it asks where you would like to sit. However, owners can’t see that on our profile so it’s of no use and it’s been there since I joined in 2015! A bit similar to owners now completing questions like how long their pets can be left alone for but this is not visible in their listing so sitters still have to ask.

1 Like

Actually I think we owners can see the list of where you’d like to sit. It’s quite useless, though, as it doesn’t include when, and more often than not seems to include pretty much the whole world. Here’s a screen shot what I can see from a sitter’s profile (the list in the screen shot below goes on alphabetically).

You’re absolutely right @CatsAndDog and I’ve obviously had a Senior’s moment :rofl: and forgotten it does show on a sitter’s profile! I only have a few countries listed. Without availability dates for specific countries, as you say, it is quite useless to an owner wanting to try inviting suitable sitters.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for chiming in.
You’ve all nailed the issue: it is frustrating for HOs who prefer seeking a sitter rather than posting a sit & inviting general applications. Some of our best sits have been invitations to sit: homes that the HO is leery of “publishing” for thousands to see.
For those unfamiliar: an invitation that is accepted results in a formal THS agreement, but the HO can be discreet about when they’ll be gone as it isn’t open for everyone to see.
As sitters, in the past year had half a dozen invitations we couldn’t accept because they were for times we’re elsewhere in the world!
Hopefully someone at THS will see this discussion!

1 Like