Best Pet Friendly City in North Carolina, USA

If you haven’t had a chance to visit North Carolina, you are missing some very beautiful country, and read below for the top pet friendly city in the State!

RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Raleigh is used to making top 10 lists like best places to live, work or move. But this latest ranking is good for humans and their pets.

Raleigh has been named the most pet-friendly city in the state and the 10th most pet-friendly city in the country, according to a new survey from WalletHub.

WalletHub compared pet budget, pet health and wellness and outdoor pet-friendliness against the 100 most populated cities in America.

When it comes to veterinary care costs, Raleigh had the second lowest cost. It was beat out only by Columbus, Ohio.

Similarly, Raleigh came in 11th for the dog insurance premium costs. Indianapolis and Fort Wayne, Indiana tied for first place.

The city also did well when it came to dog-friendly restaurants per capita. Raleigh was the 10th most dog-friendly when it comes to restaurants. Five cities tied for first in this category: Orlando, Atlanta, Austin, Portland and San Diego.

Raleigh also ranked:

• 29th – Veterinarians per Capita
  • 27th – Pet Businesses per Capita
  • 33rd – Dog Parks per Capita
  • 36th – Animal Shelters per Capita
  • 46th – Pet Caretakers per Capita
4 Likes

Thank you for this @Debbie-L, great insights I have always wanted to visit NC but for some reason apart from NY, MA and FL I’ve not explored the East Coast and yet I understand it has so much to offer. Just an aside, there is also a Rayleigh in Essex, England … a little different from it’s “twin”

With pet ownership burgeoning during COVID some places are finding it hard to keep the pet care infrastructure in place and while pets are well catered for in the Pet Ins., Food, Apparel, and many other services and products … in home pet care is often hard to find, enter TrustedHousesitters

Thank you for sharing, the next question “Who has been to Rayleigh and what was your impression of the city?”

istockphoto-1095612102-612x612

4 Likes