Better filters when searching for sits

Using the existing filters on THS to search for sits is very cumbersome. For instance I have a cat allergy. I select out cats and even changing to another page I have to find the filter again to select out cats again. It would be great to set some permanent filters. So that I can opt out of sits with cats and more than 2 dogs without having to update it every time I switch pages.

4 Likes

Don’t know whether this would work for you, but I have a search set for six or nine months out, with a cat filter, for instance. In your case, you might do similarly and just pick dogs or X animals. It sticks and I can review it at anytime. You could set up ones for various countries or, in the case I mentioned, my search is worldwide. I also have a search for dogs only, like so, under saved searches (H2 is my shorthand for the second half of 2024):

1 Like

Yes that is a great idea. I would also like to see a keyword filter so that I can type in dachshund or tiny house or off grid

2 Likes

I would LOVE the ability to search with qualitative terms. Senior dogs. 1 dog. Etc.

Absolutely. Being able to set your default search criteria and have it stick until you clear it would be a vast improvement.

I look at the latest listings at least once a day. Having to select my animal preferences and ‘newest’ every time is annoying

2 Likes

I have a similar issue- Hubbie is allergic to dogs.
But I cannot search for cats and “no pets” at same time, I have to do all
Seems bonkers to me, other sit sites allow this. I’ve complained about it for years and haven’t seen any changes.

1 Like

Yes. Great idea. It seems simple and sensible. Wonder why it hasn’t been done yet.

YES! I’ll go anywhere to care for a beagle!

1 Like