Beware the misleading pictures

It’s gardens we are drawn to. We have looked after some fascinating gardens. Some were of a standard I didn’t dare weed even in case I pulled out something rare. I just watered and admired. I really like the ones with veg patches and orchards. I love cooking and have made plum jam, apple chutney, apple pies, tomato chutney. And to have a veg garden to wander around is fantastic. I always checked what was ready for picking and based my meals round that. Now, we are checking out pineapple plants, banana trees, yams, plantins and other edible delights that we aren’t even sure what they are.

1 Like

@Petermac That tile’s pretty gorgeous, actually!
:wink:

Thing is if you are going to house sit anywhere northern in january why would you NOT expect snow? I mean common sense needs to play a factor too

1 Like

I agree but …….

1 Like

But what? It is not hard to grasp that winter in the northern hemisphere will likely result in cold temperatures, snow, ect and do people not look into the area they are going to? I mean we have access to the internet to obviously look at a house sit, so you should also be able to check average weather for an area before you go for during your duration no? Common sense…If you are expecting a rose garden in bloom in January, then pick a southern location for a house sit in January, would make sense no?

1 Like

All you have written makes sense. However, some people fall into the trap of seeing the pretty pictures, forgetting to read the description then complaining like **** because it wasn’t like the pictures or they were asked to shovel snow in January or mow the lawn in August. Not everyone researches.
I always emphasis communication between the parties is essential. I was using this post to reinforce it.

3 Likes