Bit of Advice Needed First Time Owner Looking for Sit in Near Future

1. Start in the forums (vs the main TH site)
  2. In the upper-right, click on your photo/icon
    1. I’m using a desktop browser (vs app)
  3. Click on the person icon (right-most) → Preferences
  4. On the left side, click on Profile
  5. Scroll down to “Web Site”

Can see also:

Hi @Katie2
I have checked, and your link is correct. Thank you @geoff.hom for your help.
Members will have to copy and paste your link into a new tab at first. It’s a Discourse algorithm based on your activity. Essentially, you need to browse through the forum consistently for a bit to ‘unlock’ it.
I hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi Debbie, I see your listing is now showing as you having received 2 applications - Hopefully this means that you have now found a great sitter?

1 Like

Gosh, I feel a bit silly now. @Therese, thank you for the insight. And @Katie2, sorry for any confusion. Always learning!

For future reference, here’s some info I wish I’d known before :grin::

1. The TH forums use a program called Discourse. Discourse uses something called “trust levels”: Understanding Discourse Trust Levels

2. We all start at Trust 0. According to the link above, one thing Trust 0 can’t do is:

• Have actual links in the ‘about me’ field of their profile (will be silently and temporarily converted to plain text)
  3. When we get to Trust 1, we earn the “Basic” badge and get an automatic message:
    badges

4. After getting to Trust 1 and earning the Basic badge, any links in our profile should work.

5. How to get to Trust 1? The link above says the default is:

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts
1 Like

@Colin Thanks for your message. Yes - have had two applications now which I am very happy about, but strangely I have responded to them and they haven’t replied! Let’s hope they’re just busy! I am not getting a straightforward run here haha!

1 Like

I would think the problem is simply you have left it too late!! Obviously there could be many reasons for that but asking now just before Xmas is just too short notice. Had you asked a month or so ago your chances would have ben much better.

This looks like a brilliant sit, very appealing. Gorgeous home to jump into for however long. There’s so many sits for Christmas and NY - for London alone there was over 170 and it could just be that there’s not enough sitters. I can’t see all 170+ London sits finding someone within THS - they might need to do what you plan to or pay a professional sitter to come in. Like myself, there’s professional sitters on THS who do paid sits too. Obviously that’s not ideal having paid for a membership, but at a time like this, some might have to do it. Good luck x

1 Like