Can you be invited by a HO then they pick someone else?

I think we should all consider that an invitation is only an invitation to apply, not actually an invitation to sit. This could be better clarified in the platform since it does cause confusion. Chances are an HO will invite several sitters to apply. Until you are selected and confirm it is just the application stage.

I am having difficulties getting a sitter for my current listing (seems like a lot of that going around), and for the first time, have had to resort to searching out sitters and sending invites, but once I send an invite, I have been waiting for their response before moving on to the next candidate. I was thinking it would be rude to send the invite and then if they write back that they are interested, saying “sorry I invited and accepted someone else”. However, if I see they have read my message but don’t get back to me within a couple of days, I will move on - is that wrong? I don’t want to jeopardize my standing within the THS community

1 Like

I am sorry @catsitter that this has happened to you and I can understand your disappointment.
Just to also mention, as sitters can apply for many sits, homeowners can also invite many sitters, and nothing is really guaranteed until it is officially confirmed on the website. This gives both parties complete peace of mind that it is set.
Please do remember that there are a constant stream of new listing every day, and a saved search for your dates and location (on the App) will give you that instant notification. I am sure you will find a lovely sit for the same period.
Kind regards
Therese

1 Like

This is very considerate of you. We also only apply to 1 sit at a time unless we urgently need to secure a sit (because someone else cancelled), but we have learned through this forum that sending multiple applications / invitations seems to be also OK for most people (still we intend to stick to our system). PS: We only wait for 1-2 days for a reply, unless there aren’t any other sits that we want to apply to.

1 Like