Cancelled Christmas Sit

We have had a lovely Christmas sit booked for over a month now and just yesterday been informed it was not going ahead. This has thrown our Christmas into disarray with the added worry that accommodation will be scarce and/or out of our price range at this time of year. I guess this is the downside of housesitting?

1 Like

It is the downside no question. The good thing is that there are tons of Christmas sits still out there so you should have lots of fallback options. We’ve just upgraded to premium as we had a couple cancel and it can get expensive. Good luck!

4 Likes

Sorry to hear this, it is the one thing we all fear.

Perhaps it just means there is an even better sit just waiting for you.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

5 Likes

This is a real shame. As a home owner I didn’t think we were allowed to cancel? I know that we were planning to go to London for the weekend back in October on the very day that the trains decided to strike. I contacted the sitters and offered them to still come to ours for the weekend. They decided not to as they said they didn’t mind changing their plans. But when I contacted THS to ‘cancel’ the sit I had to explain to them that I had offered the accommodation anyway- only then was I allowed to cancel the sit- so I’m not sure what is happening in your circumstance. What a shame- there must be a better sit waiting for you.

3 Likes

I don’t know where you are located or where you were going for your Christmas sit @tamjock but there are literally hundreds of Christmas sits advertised worldwide with many more being added each day. Not too late to pick up another one. Good luck!

2 Likes

@tamjock I am so sorry your sit was cancelled. I am hoping there was a very legitimate reason for the sit, but as stated by other members, depending on where you are located, you should be able to find other suitable sits that might even be better. Did you just hear from the pet parent or did they actually cancel the sit on the site? I would suggest you contact Member Services, however, and advise them of the cancellation. They need to be made aware of the situation and receive more info as to why it was cancelled. This is also important for you and your reviews and availability.

Please don’t panic yet and look around on the site for more sits. You could be making someone else’s Christmas a happier one by securing their sit now!

Good luck!

5 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear this, but it’s the one thing that makes us all nervous.
Wishing you luck and confidence in your success.

1 Like