Cheap Cell Phone Data (International Sits)

Wow. Some great information here including some I will now use.
Not having travelled much for the last few years (thanks Covid) I have lost touch with US and Canadian options.
The one I can offer though is for anyone heading into Fiji. There are two networks Vodafone and Digicel. Vodafone is by far the biggest but for ‘most’ people Digicel is adequate. At Nadi airport the Digicel outlet has a great plan that is $FJ30 for calls (not sure how many but it’s plenty) and 125Gb of data for 30 days. We keep the sims and simply reactivate them on arrival each time. I believe that downtown Vodafone has some good deals but at the airport they are EXPENSIVE. (ie tourist trap)
I hope this helps someone.

Awesome thank you. Mind if I DM you is be interested to know how you’ve found housesitting from NZ

1 Like

We are travelling to the US from the UK in October. We both have pay as you go phones which we understand won’t work in America. Can you just pick up a simcard in the supermarket and use it without problems? Advice gratefully received. Thanks

Hi @CambridgeAnnie

Whilst, I won’t be able to give you advice on your actual question, I am sure there are many members here who can help, I did see another thread that may be of interest to you, so do have a look as there may be a tip or two there.

Hi @CambridgeAnnie.
Most modern UK phones will accept most US carrier sims is the answer.

I’ve been travelling in NZ without a NZ SIM card and have managed no problem by just using wifi when available, and it’s available everywhere. I was looking into getting an e-sim, which seems to be the way to go and if you search you’ll find a whole discussion about that

Are your phones eSim capable?

Our phones are unlocked but the make is Poco which is standard.