Combine with other sitters to do a sit with multiple pets

Hi!

There are plenty of times I’ll see a sitter opportunity in a location where I would love to go. But, it requires multiple sitters due to the amount of pets and the home care requirements.
I’m just one person.
So, these opportunities are out of reach.

Have any of you planned to do a sit with other THS members, so that this would be possible?

Thanks!
Melody

That is an interesting idea!

I would be interested to meet and get to know somebody new while house sitting.
I would also be interested to apprentice for a THS buddy with horse care knowledge.

On a related note, although I have got “traveling as a couple” listed on my profile, it’s very very rare when my bf tags along, due to his work and other commitments. I opted to keep his info in my profile though, so I don’t have to ask the HOs whether I can bring my bf AFTER the sit has been agreed, if he does decide to tag along. I feel more comfortable explaining that most likely he won’t be there, then asking to add him on at later stage.

2 Likes

That’s definitely an idea, I have lately seen entire menageries listed where you had to take care of a variety of animals and a huge property with plants / gardens. There would clearly be enough space for a small army of pet sitters in such a place! But I think you would have to really trust your co-sitters and I would not confirm a sit with other people unless I have an excellent feeling about them (after seeing their profile + done a video chat). We would also like to learn more about horses or other animals that need special handling, that would probably be our primary reason why we would consider co-sitting with someone with relevant experience.

1 Like

Hi @Melodyinmotion there is a similar conversation which you may find interesting, not exactly what you are asking but has relevant points and insights into your question Multiple Sitters at a time

1 Like

Yes! So you have noticed that too…
Definitely would want to meet at least virtually more than a couple times to make sure you would make good housemates lol!
But, it would really open up more possibilities with sitter friends joining forces :relaxed:
If you or other sitters out there would like to chat about this possibility, please let me know.
Many thanks!
Melody

2 Likes

Excellent!
Please reach out if you would like to chat about this and get to know each other a bit. We Would need to make sure we make good housemates too lol!
Many thanks!
Melody

1 Like

If two individual sitter members get together to do one sit, I would think only one of them will get a review on his/her profile, the other sitter will not.