Contacting A Host While Reviewing Applications

Hey, new here.
When I signed up, there was a particular listing in Goteburg Sweden later this month that I was going to apply for. By the time I had signed up, it said applications were under review. I was wondering is there a way to still contact the host in case they do not find anyone to sit for them? Or any other way to go about this?
Many thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think so; it’s the new TH policy to automatically pause applications once 5 applications are in. If you could still contact them, I think a lot of home-owners would go mad by all the ‘secret’ extra applicants :wink: The best you can do is favorite the sit and keep on checking back.

But correct me if I’m wrong, fellow housesitters/home-owners!

1 Like

If you haven’t had any previous contact with a sitter, and you haven’t started an application for current dates before the ‘5 and pause’ review system kicks in, then the only way you will be able to contact them is if they reject some of the 5 applicants, and you succeed in submitting an application.

@Rowan the only work around is to apply immediately! Get your application in then you have started a conversation and can send the rest of your info later and message them in the future. Even if you can’t make the dates they have listed you can remove your application. It’s the only option we have now unfortunately.
Ann Marie

I’m a sitter and HO and I would love to be able to get more than 5 applicants when I post a sit - without having to decline anyone first. I I wouldn’t go mad about a secret application at all!

3 Likes

Yes it must be very frustrating for homeowners if as Ben says only a small number of listings get 5 plus applicants and the majority don’t get anywhere near that number.
Some will be thinking 5 applicants? Chance would be a fine thing.
Choice should be returned to the homeowners to manage their own listing. If they don’t get back to sitters in a timely manner and then find the sitters are booked elsewhere that is the way of the world.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Conclusion Of Pausing Application Test - Updated Post

This topic has now been closed as several amendments have been made to this system now which can be viewed here:

This is to avoid confusion.