Contacting Owners

We did a pet sit for a lovely family a few years ago. We met a couple who lived nearby who asked us about Trusted Housesitters and said they would love for us to watch their dog in the future. They recently joined and posted their first sit. We are not available for the dates they need but would love to contact them about future sits.
In the past, there was an option to contact an owner without applying for a specific sit. Now with the “only 5 can apply” that option isn’t available. Is there any way to contact an owner to let them know we are not available for the dates they have posted but would love to sit on other time?

Unfortunately not @GailC1 - if you know a bit about them can you track them down through a local FB page for their area or through the other people you sat for in the same village maybe? #detectivehatattheready

2 Likes

@GailC1 send an email to them if the listing is not in review then after you connect, just cancel your application.

2 Likes

Yes, @HelloOutThere’s idea is better than mine. I thought they were already reviewing but if not, say a quick hello, give them your what’s app number and say let’s chat for the future sits/dates and then remove your application once they’ve read It and responded. #shesasmartcookie

1 Like

@GailC1

When was this ?

THS suggest that you use the “apply to sit”
button to message an owner . I was under the impression that it’s always been this way . You have to click “apply to sit” to be able to communicate with them (even if you don’t want to apply for those dates) . But it’s approved by THS to contact owners this way .

@GailC1 now I’m just trying to show off for @Cuttlefish
Once your info is in their email box…in the future…they can invite you with private dates​:grin::sunglasses:

1 Like