Contacting previous sitters

In rhe app where you can see the siiters who’ve completed previous sits but havent left a review is rhere anyway to contact that sitter?
I can get on their profile but cant find any way of leaving them a message.
Im interested why they didnt leave a review before i apply.
Thanks

1 Like

No Gina I don’t think there is a way of contacting the sitter, either through the app or website.
I am due to do a sit later in the year and the HO has recently had their first sitters from THS. The sitters were very experienced with excellent reviews. The HO said it was going great but so far (2 weeks later) they have not left them a review and the sitters have not left feedback. I find this curious but I will never know unless I ask the HO how it all went.

3 Likes

Can’t you just go into your inbox where you have communicated with them in the past and post a new message?

The way I understand the post is that it is a sitter wanting to contact another sitter.

1 Like

Yes, I read it incorrectly. Sorry about that!

1 Like

There is no way through THS for a sitter to contact another sitter. If they linked their LinkedIn account to their profile, you can send them a message there. But if the sit looks good otherwise, you may want to go ahead and apply. You may lose out on the sit just waiting to contact the sitter. If you are offered an interview, you can ask the HO about the missing review. The sit may have been cancelled. Good luck.

1 Like

Thankyou all.
Its not really a problem i was just curious why the sitter hadnt left a review. The HO has given them a gowing review
I think though as normal i will go with my gut. It does look a nice sit but as a sitter at the moment have to say, there are some great sits to choose from.

1 Like

Hi All
I was wondering if it’s possible as a sitter to contact a previous sitter about a sit I’m about to do?
I use the app.

1 Like

Hi @Crazydoglady. Thanks for your question. I moved your post here, so you can see a prior discussion on that very topic.

The only way to contact another sitter is if you are also a homeowner on the sit. You could then contact a sitter to invite them to sit for you - or fake “invite” so you can ask them questions :wink:

1 Like

I’ve been sitting for almost 4 years. I have over 25 sits at this point. I know the red flags and sometimes ignore them for one reason or another. When I see red flags is it acceptable to contact previous sitters to ask about their experience on a particular sit? I’d love to hear what all of you think.

I think it would be a great help. I didn’t think it was possible though? How would you make contact with them? :thinking:

2 Likes

I don’t know if it’s possible.

1 Like

There is no way to contact another sitter through the site. If you look at some people’s profiles, you might find they provide information that would allow you to contact them through other means, though that probably isn’t too common.

For example, on my profile, I list the link to my blog and my personal Facebook page. It wouldn’t bother me if someone found me in that more ‘round about way’ and contacted me as I have made that info public on my profile.

2 Likes

I’ve often wondered about this as well but as far as I understand, the site doesn’t facilitate us making direct contact with other sitters.

I can definitely relate to what you’re saying as I currently have the exact same number of reviews as you and consider myself pretty experienced at this point but every now and then, I gloss over what is sometimes a glaring red flag and then land myself in a tricky situation!

2 Likes

The ooonly way (aside from a LinkedIn route mention previously) that I can think of is if they happen to be on the forum and have their THS sitter profile linked in their THS forum profile.

For example, if you saw I didn’t leave a review you could go to search, type in my name and hope it’s part of my username or profile, then @ me in a comment or reply. In my case, that would work because I have an unusual name and used it for the forums.

Ok, that’s a looong shot, and very convoluted, but not impossible? :sweat_smile:

Good luck!

2 Likes

I have noticed that repeat sitters for the same sit don’t always leave reviews for the latest sits.

I think they assume if they have already left a couple of great reviews and have returned several times, that they don’t need to post anymore. It speaks for itself at that point.

Just an observation…

1 Like

I have done many repeat sits and never ask the homeowner for another review or leave additional feedback. I was contacted directly for all of my repeat sits so they were not advertised.

2 Likes

@JMP_Loves_Paws Great observation. We have done several repeat sits and always leave a little note on the feedback that it is a repeat sit and it was excellent as before and update any changes.

This is because if the owner has sitters in between who do not leave feedback, you might need to scroll back through lots of sits to find our original feedback.

We also ask owners for a repeat review even if it’s just a quick one as above so that other owners can see we have had repeat sits and each one has gone well. It keeps our reviews in order and helps build them up. Also so other owners do not scroll back through our reviews and miss anything.

That’s just how we do it and repeat sits work differently for everyone :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There is another way, if a sitter is also a homeowner. I am both, so I can contact other sitters by fake inviting them to sit for me.