Is it possible to contact past sitters?

A couple of months ago we had an AWFUL sit. I havent left a review as I cant think of anything nice to say and they left us a 4* review critisising us for basically not acting like employees but acting like we were on vacation and not coping well with the fact they were having an extension built (not disclosed until our arrival) “This is a housesit not a vacation, you do realise this right?” we work from home so it was horrendous dealing with all the noise dust and their dogs going crazy.
I had no idea that you can see on the app if past sitters havent left a review otherwise I would have avoided this sit.
Is it possible to contact past sitters in this instance to ask why they havent left a review? If it was accidental or intended to warn others off.
I would now, moving forward never ever accept a sit where there is no sitter review.

1 Like

Hello @MamaOwl (nice handle) No is the quick answer but if you do some detective work you might be able to find them on social media or Airbnb through their profile. Another sitter found us through Linked In the other day and messaged us with questions that way.

1 Like

I doubt there is any way to contact past sitters. If I were you I would report this HO to THS. I think they are in violation of both the spirit of THS (“This is a housesit not a vacation”) and the rules (not disclosing the extension being built).

This is yet another of countless situations wherein blind reviews would have averted this problem.

1 Like

Yes, detective work (for example reverse-image search). Unless you are prepared to pay home-owner membership.

Or you can ask some THS HO whom you are on good terms with.

1 Like

ahhhhh good idea! I’ll ask my friend!