Contacting sitters who have favourited the listing

Hi TH community. I’m Karen from Cheshire in the UK. I just want to ask a couple of quick questions as new to this. When sitters have ‘saved my listing’ does that mean they’re potentially interested? If I like the look of any do I ’ invite sitter’ ?
I though I had found a sitter but then they declined, so fingers crossed this time.

Hi @KazF74. Welcome to our community. I’m glad you found us. I saw your question and moved it here, so you can see what people have said about sitters favoriting listings and potentially contacting them. Enjoy your time here in the forum. It’s a great source of information that should help you greatly.

I would just like to mention (again, I have also posted this in the past) is if you are really interested in a sitter who has marked your listing as a favorite, why not contact them to see if you can coordinate dates before you arrange your holiday? I am a sitter and this has worked out nicely for me in the past.

3 Likes

@KazF74
Welcome!
As a sitter I will mark as favorite a sit that looks like it would be a good fit but I’m unavailable to apply currently due to other obligations. It means I’ve reviewed the details of the sit and would like to be notified of future sits you may have.
You can look at the profiles of sitters who are interested in your sit and see if you feel they would be a good fit. Then look at their availability. My understanding is that some sitters don’t keep them updated very well so they could be misleading.

At this point, I still believe it’s a bit of a long shot as I while I may be available at the time but be on the other side of the world. If you feel real good about a sitter, feel free to invite them. From a sitter’s standpoint, I appreciate invitations and it opens the door for communication between to discuss future options.

Dan and Nan

1 Like

Thanks that clears it up a bit. :slightly_smiling_face:

We are currently on a sit that I marked as a favourite some time ago. The Home Owner sent a personal invitation to me and here we are with a fantastic doggy keeping us company

7 Likes

so, I’m totally confused!
Firstly, I mainly use the laptop version of THS and rarely the app. I get notifications from THS that a sitter has saved the sit details. Do I assume this just means that there is something that appeals at that particular moment in their planning that appeals?
Secondly, if I, in return, look at their details and then save them, do they get notified that I’ve done this?
Thirdly, once I put up dates to find a sitter, do the people who have made us a favourite get notified automatically?
Fourthly and totally unrelated, we only joined as owners in October, we’ve asked for sits four or five times, it’s been amazing. The sitters we’ve met have been wonderful. Some have even come back a second time or are due back a second time! Our pets have been well looked after and so has our home. thank you to all our sitters!

4 Likes

Hi @largo ! Welcome to the forum! How wonderful that you’ve had such good experiences with your sitters!

To answer your questions. A sitter will save your listing if they like it but are unable to do your posted dates. When you list new dates, they will be automatically notified. A sitter is not notified if you save her/him to your favorites.

Note: you can click on the spyglass icon on the upper right and enter a question or search terms as many things have been discussed in the past. There is a ton of useful information there!

2 Likes

@largo
Welcome! From a sitter’s perspective, if you have a sit listed and I mark it, I’ve looked through the details and while the dates wouldn’t work out, I’m interested in future sits for you. If you don’t have a current listing and I mark it, it means that I’m looking for sits in your area and yours looks like be I’d like to do.
The main thing it does as a sitter is notify me right away of any listings you have. It also gives you the opportunity to invite a sitter, but realistically, I feel that’s a long shot. However, the only way to open communication between a home owner and a sitter is either the sitter applying for a current sit or the HO inviting a sitter.
If you see a sitter that has marked your sit that you feel good about, invite them to get that line of communication open. In cases of full time traveling sitters like us, it could work out in the long run.
Dan and Nan

PS: I guess I wasn’t even aware that home owners could save sitters so I don’t know about that.

2 Likes

thanks! Does this apply to the App and the main website re the notification to sitters who have saved us? I’ll check on the spy glass!

Thanks, it’s interesting to know that the ‘save’ feature actually turns into an alert should someone have saved us and then we put up dates, I really hadn’t any idea of that!

1 Like

HI @largo , it’s supposed to apply to both the app and website but I think coordinating the two is still a work in progress. I prefer to save everything on the app as these notifications come through immediately. Not always so with the website.

4 Likes

@mars Thanks for that information

Is there a way to identify sitters looking for a sit in my area? I thought I saw such a page, but now I can’t find it.

Hello, @tincanlizzie Are you referring to the sitters that have ‘favourited’ your listing or another page?

HOs can see sitters located in the HOs’ area.

That just means they live there/are based there, unless they’ve changed their location to be in a target area for sits. In other words, it’s not particularly useful.

We always :heart: sits that we like and believe we would be a good match. On the other side of the fence …when we were HO we would always review sitters who liked us …

1 Like