Sitters Saving Listings

Hi all, I am a new HO to THS and am looking for some advice of how it all works and your advice based on experience. I have advertised a sit for just over 7 days Christmas this year in West London for 1 dog and 2 cats. I am getting emails stating sitters have saved my sitting but when I follow the see who has saved link I can only see two people instead of four, also is it usual for me to contact these sitters or just wait until someone actually applies?

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Val1 Welcome.
Frequently sitters save your listing when they are interested in automatically being notified by the system when you post future dates but they are not available for your current dates. If they are interested in your current dates they would usually apply.

2 Likes

Hello @Val1
On behalf of the forum team, a warm welcome to the TrustedHousesitterā€™s community!

As you cannot share a link to your listing in this post, do share a link to your listing on your forum profile for a bit of extra exposure. But the main website is where ALL our members will see your opportunity and be able to apply and message with you.

@Kootenaigirl advice I feel is right on point in regards to your question. I have saved several sits but not applied as I am not available for the current dates but hope that someday I would be available for future dates.

If at any time you need any further help donā€™t hesitate to reach out to our community here which is full of helpful members who have been through the process themselves and will happily give advice and guidance. And donā€™t forget our membership support team are always on hand to give assistance.

All the very best,

Kelly & the forum team

2 Likes

Hi @Val1 We often save listings we are potentially interested in. Saving makes it easier to find them again whilst we are considering options and dates/locations etc
Quite frequently hosts contact us because they see weā€™ve saved them. The advantage for hosts in contacting a sitter who has favourited you is at least you know they are interested and have already looked through your listing. Occasionally we have had hosts see we favourited and theyā€™ve sent a invitation to Sit directly because they like our profile. The moment we confirm a Sit that might clash we unfavourite any relevent sit.
Its all a bit of a juggling act and sometimes you get a lucky match!
If you are struggling to find a sitter I would definitely reach out to anyone whose favourited you - assuming you like their profile! Make sure you show pics on your listing of all the areas a sitter will use especially bedroom/bathroom!!! This comes up all the time!
Good luck!

2 Likes

Hi @Val1,
I have a lot saved and itā€™s usually an area Iā€™m interested in or an amazing home. I save them when Iā€™m not available for the current dates as I now Iā€™ll get notified of new dates by saving the listing. Hope that helps?

5 Likes

I sometimes save listings that seem interesting, even if I donā€™t currently have plans to go there. I then code them with specific keywords (usually locations, date ranges etc.) in my favorites, in order to help me build a trip with multiple sits. Sometimes I also save them because it is a specific animal or breed I am interested in, and would try to create a trip for that. Iā€™m currently looking at a few that have horses, siamese cats, Bassetts and Bernadoodles, just because Iā€™m intrigued by them and havenā€™t had any experience to date.

1 Like

Yes, I definitely agree with post. As a new HO who posted a listing, I did reach out to some of the sitters who saved my listing, but did not apply. Some did not respond back at all, but others were quite friendly, and politely explained that they were not available for the dates posted. However, what I did get out of it is a few potential sitters who would be very interested in future sit dates.

2 Likes

As a HO I found this feature really useful to see who had saved your sitting. There is a feature that enables you to invite the sitter to apply which I was able to make use of.

1 Like

Hello @AmandaT welcome to both TrustedHousesitters and the community forum. Iā€™m glad you found us and have jumped right in to contributing to the conversations.
Happy travels!

Hi, I am a bit confused! I have seen quite a few times an email pop up saying that ā€˜a sitter has saved your listingā€™ but when I go to the link of sitters who have saved my listing, the new one isnā€™t there. Is there something I am doing wrong, or something I am not doing at allā€¦ does anybody else have this, or can you help me out. Thanks.

I was a little confused too. In the app if you click on favourites at the bottom, they show. Problem is, yes, theyā€™ve saved it but not requested to sit on the dates Iā€™ve listed. What do you do then?

Hi Elsal
You donā€™t need to do anything.
A sitter will see your listing, is unavailable to sit on your present dates but wants to know about your future dates. When you list again, the sitter will receive a pop up on their app.
They can then apply if they are available.
Alternatively, instead of posting any new dates, you can scroll through the sitters who have saved it to see if you want to send any private invitations out before you publically list it.

1 Like

Hi everyone, We save a lot of sits in the hope they will be taking another break during our time frame. We have seen a lot of great sits and properties in the areas we like so we save them, who knows when an opportunity may arise.

Admin Notice: Edited to comply with posting guidelines

Thanks. Iā€™ll wait a week or so then try the invite to sit route. Otherwise our cats will have to be fed by a neighbour. Just wanted them to have a human with them. :smirk:

1 Like

You still have quite a bit of time @Elsa1 - Iā€™m sure someone will pop up - to sell the sit a bit more, Iā€™d like to see the cats first and/or the countryside and beach pics. Maybe change the title to something like ā€œVillage life, country walks, beautiful beaches & two cute cats for company.ā€ Appeals to all the nature & outdoor beings amongst us (weā€™d do it if we were sitting in the UK!) As it gets closer then am pretty sure that THS will put it on social and last minute listings for you with the neighbour as back up. Best of luck :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Thanks. Iā€™ve updated and nicked your suggestion. Now fingers crossed!

2 Likes

I have been informed by email that 8 sitters have my dates. How do I know who they are? My people who have saved my dates list is now in the forties. How can I tell which are for this sit and not for last year or other dates this year? Puzzled, Sallyann