Cost of Travel?

Hello. My name is Amy, I just stumbled across this website and it sounds very interesting to me, as I love animals and travelling. My question is do we ply for the round trip flight and then just pay for food whilst we are there? Is there anything I am missing?

Thank you :slight_smile:

-Amy

Welcome @Acrammy
THS works by the pet owner and home owner giving access to a sitter to their property for an agreed period of time. It is up to you to cover any travel costs and your food budget.
Just to be clear there is no payment exchanged either way.

You pay for your travel and buy your own food and toiletries etc.

You are looking after the pets in exchange for accommodation. The owners will interview you and if they consider you suitable, they will invite you to look after their pet

Hi @Acrammy ( Amy )
You pay an annual fee to become a THS member this gives you access to thousands of house sit listings that you apply for .
The homeowner invites a sitter to stay in their home without charge in exchange for you looking after their home and (in the majority of cases ) taking good care of their pets while they are away.

There’s no guarantee that you will get chosen for a sit . However we joined this year and have been accepted for 14 sits so far .

Which countries would you like to visit ?
Many sitters start by doing local sits to start getting some reviews before applying for sits in other countries. The exception is the U.K. where there are more sits than sitters so you stand a good chance of being accepted .

You make your own arrangements and pay for your transport to the location and are responsible for buying your own food etc.

4 Likes