Understanding THS

Hi everybody :slight_smile:

this is Sam from Germany. I´m quite new with THS and really excited about the opportunities here :smiley:

Just wanted to set up an account for me and my girlfriend, since we´ll be traveling for a few months.

Do you have to choose a plan to set up a profile? And which one would you guys recommend?

Thank you guys!

Hi @SamShield and a very warm welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

Firstly I am assuming you will be joining as sitters?

I have attached a video and some links to explain how everything works and the various membership levels

Also, remember you can use the spyglass symbol at the top of the page next to the TrustedHousesitters logo and search for any questions that you may have as they have most likely already been answered on here and of course if not then please just ask! :blush:

2 Likes

Welcome @SamShield .

You have come to the right place to get help and answers .

Do you want to join as sitters and travel as you look after peoples homes and pets or as pet parents who are looking for sitters to look after your home and pets whilst you travel or both ?

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Hi, thank you! We’re more likely to look after homes and pets, since we plan a route for asia & also a few countries in europe. Of course we are aware of the responsibility that comes with it, its nice that you guys answer so fast! :smiley:

@SamShield you are very welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@SamShield we started with the basic membership as we wanted to see how many sits we were accepted for first .

You can upgrade the premium membership at anytime .

Most sitters have started with “local” sits to gain experience and earn a few 5 star reviews- this opens up more opportunities be accepted for sits overseas.

There are always plenty of sits listed in the U.K. if that is on your itinerary?

1 Like

Hi @SamShield I have attached another thread you should also find helpful :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, this is my first post here.
I posted my listing, I have got applications, and I can’t have more applications until I decide whether I keep them or not. Is the “Not suitable” option enough to “remove” these applicants? I don’t understand how it works, although I marked some as not suitable or they cancelled their application, I still have lots of people in that dashboard and no real and serious applicants. Please explain what should I do to be able to be visible again. Thank you.

Hello @Claudia-Patricio and a very warm welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

Firstly congratulations on your listing. If you would like to receive further applicants once you have received 5, and to unpause, you will need to decline any applicants that you deem unsuitable. Although not mandatory it is good etiquette to send a message with your decline.

I have attached a couple of threads you should find helpful

For reference, as a member, you can also add your TrustedHousesitters profile on to your Forum profile by following the attached link, should you wish. This will then enable others to offer you helpful advice and feedback and will also give your listing extra exposure!

If you are unsure how to do this, or if you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to ask, we are all more than happy to help.

Also, remember you can use the spyglass symbol at the top of the page next to the TrustedHousesitters logo and search for any questions that you may have as they have most likely already been answered on here and of course if not then please just ask! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Samox24 Thanks for your help. That wasn’t easy, adding the link to my profile was like a treasure hunting game.
I’m having difficulties to find a pet sitter for my long period from Dec 6th (Patricio leaving on the 8th) until January 14th. I’d prefer a couple because the pets are demanding in terms of company, but it’s no longer a criteria, it can be a single person too, who understands that it’s possible to go out, of course, but not the whole day. I have invited many sitters that saved my listing, but they are not available. It’s not a last minute posting, but I need help because you need to foresee buying a fly ticket to Chile, and the dates are special because of Christmas.

Your help is appreciated.

1 Like