Do sitters have a backup plan if sits are cancelled due to travel restrictions?

Hi @Jon-JWalking that’s such bad news, I’m so sorry for you. Thank you @Brigitte such kind and thoughtful sentiment.

The situation for any planned travel is still so uncertain, I will check on any accommodation possibilities we had back in March.

Obviously you are checking available sits and there are new ones coming to the site daily.

I will do what I can to help of course, hopefully we can work the same magic as we did in the summer.

3 Likes

Thanks Angela, appreciate any info or help. Just working through a few options at the moment.

1 Like

@Jon-JWalking so sorry to hear about your cancellations hope you have been able to sort something out?
We are in exactly the same situation, our New Year sit has been cancelled, we hopefully have something from the 3rd January for a couple of weeks but constantly waiting for the cancellation to come through. We did have a sit for February/March but found out yesterday that has been cancelled.
@Angela_L is this help extended to everyone in the same situation?

1 Like

My first sit on this website was cut short because of the pandemic. The owners were brought back early from their skiing holiday in Italy by their travel company just before Italy went into lockdown. I had got used to sea views by now, and it would have been costly to change my return journey. So I checked into a B&B in nearby Torquay & continued enjoying walking along the coast (minus the absolutely adorable pet who I missed enormously) for a few more days. It wasn’t planned for, but it is obviously advisable to have a Plan B!

The owners said I could in fact stay on, & they could stay at the home of an elderly relative. But this didn’t seem viable to me - their relative might then be at risk. I thought they would need their home - especially if it turned out they were ill (which I’m glad to say they weren’t).

1 Like