Dream “Must Haves”

If there was one “rider” request that you could be sure you had of the HO to secure the sit, what would it be??

I’ll kick off and say for me it would be cotton sheets and a feather duvet… my skin doesn’t like sleeping in polyester. I do take my own silk/cotton pillowcase with me everywhere I sit, but taking my own feather duvet would leave little room in my case for clothes! :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Close proximity to places to walk/run/swim etc and then find good coffee. As long as I can go outdoors and chat to/see folk, i’m a happy camper.

If i’m overseas, locating the local hash house harriers/harriets group :+1::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.

3 Likes

I love a well-stocked spices cabinet!!

8 Likes

I love a clean and organized house with pets who are either well behaved or manageably eccentric. So far, all of my sits have far exceeded these wishes.

7 Likes

Location preferably by the seaside, WiFi, comfy couch & bed. Large tv and lots of poi to visit. One pet would be Awsome :grinning:

3 Likes

for me it would be the use of a car :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Good question. Our ‘must have’ is a clean & tidy home. Our thought is we would not stay anywhere where you inspect the bed before you get in, This is based on experience and we now travel with our own bedding, just as well we go by car.

5 Likes

I agree @CandAsitters
Most homes are beautifully clean and welcoming. Not always though as we have had to clean bathrooms, clean kitchen surfaces, mop floors, deal with full dirty dishwashers on our arrival. I wonder if some (just a few I hope) see sitters reviews stating that they left the house cleaner than when they arrived and are taking advantage??

1 Like

Been there won the tee shirt etc

1 Like

Erik and I often ask if they have a piano or a guitar we can use. It’s always a treat to have something to play when we are away from home for a month or two. One HO actually borrowed a guitar for Erik to play when we were there - that was a special sit. Some day I hope to be lucky enough to sit at a home with a grand piano.

2 Likes

King size bed! My hubby and I didn’t own a king size bed and enjoyed having a king on quite a few sits and got spoiled. When we moved last year we sold our queen size and now have a king! Mind you for a wonderful sit I’ll consider sleeping in a queen again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

yes this goes for me as well the house is usually cleaner when i go than when i arrive or at least in the same clean state. Had one sit where the induction plate was under a layer of to put it plainly crud that i spent a whole evening cleaning it with lemon and baking soda. Needless to say plate was as new when i left. Luckily most houses have been really nice, tidy and clean

4 Likes

A well behaved pet!

2 Likes

I’m with you on the king size bed. We have a queen at home and a king is such luxury - makes me feel like I’m in a hotel!

3 Likes

Am a bit like that
I know right away what needs a good clean
Wouldn’t be happy till its all done.
Don’t want gifts etc etc just a clean house.

3 Likes

yes indeed luckily up to now I ‘ve only had a few little things like that that would just nag at me if i didn’t clean it ( and in this case it actually cooked better after the layer was removed) s so am just happy if i have lovely pets to look after, a clean house and good ground agreements between me and the house owners

2 Likes

On our last sit it was really clean.
So we had lots of time in the garden.
Just brushed up leafs :leaves: etc that kept getting brought in on our feet
Or the dogs.
Also mice hide among them :leaves: around the door.
Am frightened of them.

Okay peeps… everyone likes a clean and tidy home… that’s a given. This is was really want one request you would make if you could!!

I for one love a home that has a butter knife!

3 Likes

We have four of them.
We did have more as the children got older and got their own homes.
Our butter knives kept disappearing
Along with gravy boats etc.

2 Likes

adding to that I would love a home that has SHARP kitchen knives. Of all our houseits (over 50) I can only remember one home that had decent knives.

6 Likes