Dream “Must Haves”

Um, what’s a “hash house”? I’m not sure we have those in the UK

@PVGemini , yes I think a lot of people think of them as something to use if you are ill, maybe if you have a stomach upset, but they are great for keeping warm. I always have two on the go during the winter. I try not to use my heating until it dips to less than 6°C so I wear layers, lots of them, and use the hot water bottles to keep me warm when I’m sitting down.

1 Like

There are Hash house harriers & harriet groups in the UK :slightly_smiling_face:

https://thehashhouse.org/index.php?r=chapters/list&country=United%20Kingdom

@Jilly , do you mean you don’t turn the heat on until the inside temperature drops below 6°C (43°F) or until the outside temperature hits this mark? I’ve heard that British homes can be cold. Is this typical?

@mars inside, in my kitchen in the mornings. I wouldn’t say that British homes are particularly cold. I think most people would have their heating set to come on automatically and heat their homes to at least 17°C. I find most homes unbearably warm now that I am accustomed to lower temps.
With the massive jump in energy costs this year there might be a lot more people adjusting their attitude to heating and it will certainly help the environment if they do.

My dream “must have” is a private garden, with somewhere to sit outside, and if there are visiting birds that would be even lovelier (oh, and “must have” warm dry weather to be able to enjoy it!)

2 Likes

@claresitsdogs I have now added cotton sheets, feather duvet and a selection of feather & foam pillows to my listing :slight_smile:
@Els I have now mentioned my well stocked spice cabinet and fresh herbs to my listing.
@CandAsitters I have now added clean and tidy to my listing. Apart from standard photos, what else do you want to see?
@TheMapleKiwi I probably need to make more of the off road running and cycling opportunities don’t I? Will do that now.

Oh and I’ve added in sharp kitchen knives and a knife sharpener.

What else do you guys need to see on a listing to think oooh that sounds nice.

4 Likes

@Joandacat , BJ is a cutie. You might add a photo of the bathroom, sitters want to see that. Much luck. Your listing looks nice, your delightful personality comes through.

George Clooney to serve me breakfast in bed?

2 Likes

A table and a couple of chairs to sit down to eat meals, play games, etc. We adapt of course, but it’s nice when we don’t have to sit in a living room with a tray on our laps. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Finally got around to doing that :slight_smile: Thanks, it just hadn’t occurred to me.