Dream “Must Haves”

White towels are a must! :blush:

2 Likes

@Angela_L @anon39388349 White towels & sheets are the best but when you have bright pink hair and forgot a backup dark towel / pillowcase they are terrifying!

3 Likes

OmG what a nightmare :flushed: :rofl:

@Angela_L. @ElsieDownie , et. al, what kind of knife sharpener do you use? Manual? Electric? It would be nice to have one that sharpens all kinds of knives (serrated, Japanese, ceramic, etc.) and scissors. I have been shopping around ever since this thread started. Any recommendations?

1 Like

Hi @mars … these might help

2 Likes

Yes, @Angela, I read this article when you posted it on July 6. Thank you. I was just wondering which one you and others use. Do you use one these AnySharps?

1 Like

Any Sharp can stick to the kitchen surface by a clever suction pad. Can’t be used for serrated but anything else will sharpen. Small so it takes up no room in your luggage and sharpens like a dream. Wouldn’t be without it.

4 Likes

Location, location, location! I like to be somewhere I can take hikes or have days at the beach with the kids.

I can stomach pretty much anything if I have those things. :slight_smile:

Oooh! Very slick! The one we travel with is ridiculously huge. Christmas is coming…

1 Like

Blunt knives are one of my biggest pet peevers. ANysharp look awesome - wish I’d known about them earlier. Heading off for a sit in a few day (Mexico) and would not be able to get it in time. Definitely on my list!!

2 Likes

That looks handy for travel, thanks!

1 Like

That would be a treat - hubby plays guitar, I tinker on the piano. We miss them when we’re house sitting.

2 Likes

A steamer basket for steaming vegetables! I’m going out today to buy yet another one. Will add this to my packing list for a collapsible one to take with me to a few house sits.

2 Likes

I want to add that I have a few other types of knife sharpeners but Eversharp, that I read about here, is by far the best!! (I receive no compensation from Eversharp. :wink: ) It weighs next to nothing and puts a terrific edge on a knife. I even used it on my Nakiri knife (it doesn’t say it works on Asian knives) and that knife may now be even sharper than it was when it was new.

We have a piano that is available for HS :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Lovely! We just looked at your animal requirements and if you’re planning on travelling next summer, we might apply, depending on our travel plans as we’re planning a trip to Europe next August/September. Hope all goes well with your travel this year.

1 Like

Hi @DMJ we usually go away roughly the same time in August each year. We don’t have a guitar but we have harp and Saxophone as well as the pianos. There are also miles of walks around us and lots of old historic towns.
Enjoy your travels.

2 Likes

I’m obviously easily pleased. :rofl: I do ask if there is a hot water bottle, especially in places like Portugal and Spain because the houses can be very cold :cold_face: in the winter and, even if there is heating I try and use as little as possible.
I also asked an owner this morning if she has baking soda because I sometimes use it to settle heartburn and it saves me packing it if there is some there.
Another thing I ask, if it’s a very old rural house, is if there is a hot water supply. It’s not a deal breaker for me, I’ve done a sit in a house with no hot water before but I like to know what to expect.

Ah @Jilly a sitter after my own heart I carry a hot water bottle with me ALL of the time, yes ALL of the time … cannot abide cold feet, or cold anything actually.

1 Like

I am feeling awfully spoiled that I barely know what a hot water bottle is!!! Having grown up in a warm climate. I thought that a hot water bottle was simply for when someone feels ill. But you are suggesting that it is literally to keep you warm for a bit?