Embarrassed on a sit!

Well I feel a bit embarrassed. I’ve just arrived at my first repeat sit after 19 sits. The HO’s took me for a wonderful meal upon my arrival yesterday. Today after the HO’s left for their holiday, the cleaning lady I got to know from my first sit suddenly told me that she’d been asked to take me to the nearest large grocery store each week during my 3 week sit (I don’t drive) and the HO’s would pay for my weekly groceries (in addition to some wonderful food they’ve already made available to me!) I contacted the HO’s to say buying my groceries wasn’t needed but they would have none of it.

25 Likes

Is this good embarrassed or bad embarrassed cause I’m assuming it’s good embarrassed? lol

Sounds like an incredibly lovely gesture! X

10 Likes

What a lovely gesture @richten1. Those owners are showing how much they appreciated your last visit and obviously think highly of you. Accept with graciousness their thoughtfulness and kindness. Enjoy the sit!

15 Likes

What a wonderful surprise! It’s an act of generosity, kindness and appreciation, so hopefully youll be able to accept it in good grace. :+1:

10 Likes

We have a repeat sit in Switzerland where the owners always leave us a shopping card with credit on. They say thet realize how expensive Switzerland is and since we are doing them a ‘favour’ of looking after their doggie, they return the favour.
A very nice gesture!

10 Likes

Thank you for sharing that. I’m just finishing my second of 6 sits in Australia and New Zealand. Going now to a repeat sit.

Ive been gifted with so much kindness this trip; I’m deeply humbled.

I just wanted to say thank you to you for posting and for obviously doing a great job that they want you back, help you get to groceries and even pay for your groceries.

It’s so nice to read of the kindness and generosity that is so much a part of my experience with THS. So nice to hear the positive.

Wishing you a very enjoyable sit.

9 Likes

Yes @bakindoki. Good embarrassed.

4 Likes

Thanks @temba. I’ll guess I just have to suffer! :laughing:

1 Like

@richten1 you are a survivor- you’ve got this :muscle: :joy:

1 Like

Lucky you! How nice to get shown such appreciation and gratitude in such a helpful and generous way!

3 Likes

Wow! I’d say that is a really wonderful gesture. They obviously value you as a house sitter.

2 Likes

They clearly value what you do. We have recently accommodated a short notice sit over the festive period and the HO insisted on paying for our travel as it is quite a long way and we hadn’t planned to be away. Great that TH siitters are redpected & valued.

4 Likes

What a wonderfully generous thing for the home owners to do. Enjoy the sit :blush:

1 Like

As a homeowner and this is a sit for a loud parrot, I want to reward my trusted housesitters how I can. I typically send them a few gift cards along the sit as appreciation since i really do not know their tastes. Do not be embarrassed as these people are well off and appreciative!

Accept graciously! Definitely leave flowers or wine or sweet treats when you depart! Enjoy the sit!
Be kind to the cleaning lady!

3 Likes

I try to be kind to all. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Your kindness to heir animals and diligence pays off!
We have sits where we have been treated with them to a pub meal, and then left a coupon to go and do the same again! Every time we sit, they know what we like to eat, and stock the fridge and leave us wine and treats.
We feel so welcomed and they have become dear friends.
They say that they never have to worry at all, and that is priceless.

I imagine your homeowners feel the same.

Well done!. :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Thanks @RoseC. The strange thing is that they had a terrible first experience with THS and a sitter. So maybe the bar wasn’t high. But I do my best to feed and love the furry members of the family and try to look after the HO property with the same care and pride I do my own home.

1 Like

@richten1 maybe that bad first experience is why they now appreciate and value you as a good sitter .

It makes sense that if you want a specific trusted sitter back for your own peace of mind and a stress-free holiday that since they are not being paid any wages you show your appreciation in another way.

5 Likes

Hi @Silversitters. You could be right. I think it’s more about them having someone that looks after their furry family members and their very nice property. It’s the second time this year I’ve been treated like a king on a sit and both properties are amazing!

3 Likes