Feedback on new ‘5 applications and freeze’ system?

Hey! Lucky you :slight_smile: I didn’t get that unfortuantely. I didn’t really make an official complaint, but just said it’s not working for me now so a waste of time for me to see those notifications as they are impossible to apply for.

1 Like

Ooh that’s good to know, thanks!

THS know very well that the 5 app rule is NOT loved by most members, but is loathed. You only have to read through this forum to see the hundreds, possibly thousands of complaints about it.

3 Likes

Yes, the dissatisfied members are going on and on about it, without end.

We others mostly keep quiet. But would you really rather be one of 50 applicants than one of five?

Or would you really prefer to receive 50 applications than 5?

My only gripe with THS in this regard is that the interface does not document this properly. And that it does not say that there is no hurry in writing an application, that it is enough to keep an open window with the dates clicked. I find it incredibly stupid that there is no better communication from THS.

“But would you really rather be one of 50 applicants than one of five?”

Yes. I joined this service because I want to apply for sits I am interested in. Preventing me from doing do so limits the value of the service.

6 Likes

@Missalissa your post is a perfect précis of the awfulness from the HO perspective.

4 Likes

Actually I’d rather be able to set my own limit, thanks for asking. And it’d be closer to 15-20 applications. Enough to find a real gem.

4 Likes

Feedback on this forum is overwhelming against this rule so they know it is not loved by most members.
It is an insult to our intelligence to continue to suggest this is the case.
We are constantly told anything introduced is a huge success or is done at our request. Did anyone on this forum request Pet Centric Tags I’m curious as most feedback on that is also negative.

7 Likes

Yes @pietkuip I really would. I would rather trust in my own merits and qualifications and compete against other sitters on a level playing field to apply to an HO who has the ability to pause their applications at whatever number they are comfortable with, because it is their home and their pets that they want the best possible sitter for in their circumstances. That could well be me. And if it isn’t then I know that I wasn’t the first choice - maybe by a hair’s breadth, on a technicality or maybe I was unsuitable by miles - but I had a fair and even opportunity to apply. I wasn’t just one of the 5 who happened to be awake, quickest to open the application in another window (as you are so fond of pointing out is possible) to send a random, unresearched application that the HO will have to spend their valuable time rejecting & unpause the listing for the umpteenth time.

5 Likes

As I “am fond of pointing out”, that is not necessary. Why are you doing that? You can research as much as you want.

And I will keep pointing this out until THS will start to do so, for example in that box where it now says “Tell them why you are perfect”.

I know that and I do that.
However, evidence on the forum from HOs complaining about terrible applicants who haven’t read the listing substantiates my point.
What is better; that you personally have to keep plugging away with your heartfelt solution of the new window, or that the problem doesn’t exist in the first place?

But it is not one in five - it is none in 5 when it is paused

2 Likes

I know that and I do that.
However, evidence on the forum from HOs complaining about terrible applicants who haven’t read the listing substantiates my point.
What is better; that you personally have to keep plugging away with your heartfelt solution of the new window, or that the problem doesn’t exist in the first place?

Unpopular opinion here. :woozy_face: We actually love it! :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Do please elaborate. HO or sitter (or both?) What makes you love it?

I don’t trust (a) my internet connection (b) my computer(s) or (c) THS, so I will not rely on the claims that once an application has been started, you won’t lose your chance. My wifi could drop partway through a long, heartfelt, application, so i will continue to sent a very brief initial application and follow with a detailed one right afterwards.

3 Likes

@langlais This is a very sensible work around, but surely anyone at THS headquarters reading this must surely realise that this is NOT an improvement in the customer experience. It’s a disastrous move.

3 Likes

@buildabearwithme SAME :clap: we love it

It’s just that you’ll get jumped on in this forum as the ones who hate it have the loudest voices and they’ll shout you down.

We save all our favourite listings, we apply straight away and we get the sits. Sometimes we miss out but hey Ho I’m glad someone else gets the chance to experience a nice sit.

Better to compete against 4 people than 40 and we find the whole process moves a lot faster than it used to.

1 Like

I don’t see anyone shouting you down just a question as to why you like it.

6 Likes

We’d genuinely like to hear from sitters & HOs who think 5 applicants is great. Why it’s better? We’d like it changed to 24 hours for the sit to be open but so far it hasn’t impacted us massively. We have favourites saved and alerts set up and have seen most of the ones we’re interested in (even though we’re in Asia and searching in Europe right now). Please expand @Ashleynov @buildabearwithme and any other members who are fans.

4 Likes