First time HO video chat

Hi!! We have two sitters I’d like to invite for a chat but I’m not sure best way to go about that.
Do I give or as for a phone number and then we set up a call.
Or do we connect on Facebook and do FaceTime.
I was looking for this info and can’t find it.
Thanks for your help!! :wave:

1 Like

Our most recent experience wa Skype. We’ve done FaceTime and Zoom in the past as well.

1 Like

Hi @Dorcas and welcome to the community forum. I’m an experienced sitter, and was recently arranging a video chat with a relatively new owner. I just asked what they were most comfortable with using, and we then decided on what worked best for both of us. Her preference was one that I rarely used, but I wanted her to feel comfortable. From what I’ve read, the most commonly used video options are WhatsApp, FaceTime, Zoom, Skype, and Messenger, but there are likely to be more. Choose what works best for the two of you.

2 Likes

Zoom! Of course! I guess I just wanted to forget about Zoom after the last few years!
Thank you! :blush:

We’ve used most of these platforms, but the most common and flexible seems to be WhatsApp.

2 Likes

Hi @Dorcus :hugs:

Thank you for joining our community forum. You are going to find it is filled with answers to most, if not all, of your questions and enquiries. As mentioned by the amazing @Snowbird the most commonly used video chat options are WhatsApp, FaceTime, Zoom, google meet, Skype, and Facebook Messenger. You can use whatever platform works best for you and your potential sitter.

I am hoping this info will help you find your way around the platform and interest you to join in the conversations. It can be a little daunting and confusing at first, so we included this handy guide

How to use our Community Forum | TrustedHousesitters.com

You might also want to embed your TrustedHousesitters profile by following How to add a listing or profile link to your FORUM profile. This way other members can easily connect to your profile and possibly reach out direct for the opportunity you are looking for!

Our members are connecting every day and the forum is a great place where you can get to know one another. Please take a moment to introduce yourself About the introduce yourself category - Introduce Yourself - TrustedHousesitters Community Forum by giving us as little or as much info as you prefer. If you are confused on what to say, we have some great suggestions:

• How long have you been a member of Trustedhousesitters?
  • Where is your home location?
  • Share pics of you and your pets.

We are always here to help, so please don’t hesitate to message us with any questions or concerns.

Also, can I just ask how you came upon the forum and decided to join? I am always curious as to what drives someone to a certain site.

Have a great day!

2 Likes

We have just done a Zoon chat and the reception was excellent, but we like Whatsapp as you both then have access to each other’s telephone numbers. We also have Viber which doesn’t send you loads of advertisements!

1 Like

*Zoom chat

1 Like

@KiwiSwede I think perhaps, given your two posts above, you haven’t yet discovered the editing tools. They are useful, so I thought I’d mention them, not only for your sake but also for the many new members always joining the forum.

At the bottom right of your own post, there’s an added icon of a greyed-out pencil.

Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 7.25.46 AM

If you click on that, you can edit your post. If it’s more than just a minor edit, at the top right corner of your post it will show that it has been edited, and how often. Below is an example only.

Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 7.25.58 AM

You can also delete your own post. For example, if you decide to edit ‘Zoon’ in your post, you can delete the one below it. Click on the 3 dots, to the right of the pencil, and you’ll see a garbage/trash can icon. Click on that and it will turn red and delete your post.

Of course, if you do those steps, this post will not make sense … but that’s OK. :wink:

3 Likes

Hi Julie.
I have not done the intro yet but I will, thanks for the reminder.
I found the forum through the link in my app dashboard. I might also have see if previously, before I joined.
It’s a great feature if newbies to THS have questions.
I’m pretty tech savvy so I haven’t had any issues with the site or platform, really.
I have three calls with potential sitters today, so I’m hoping I find the right person for my family. Wish me luck!!

1 Like

That’s awesome @Dorcus !!! I hope your calls went great and you found the PAWfect sitter🥰

Thanks for your reminder - the hours spent on this forum trying to keep abreast of things gets a bit wearing and even though I’m aware of those basic aids used in most sites, I do get a little confused on this site sometimes! :thinking:

1 Like