Forum member has linked my THS profile to their account

Hello,

I have just come across a forum member who has somehow been able to link my THS profile to their forum profile. I have tried messaging the individual themselves without success as well as one of the moderation team to try to address this. Each time I attempt to send the message, I get bounced out repeatedly. Not sure what’s going on that’s causing this to happen.

Whilst I’m sure this is just an honest mistake on that person’s part, it’s concerning that this can happen so easily as anybody could theoretically create a forum profile and write opinions that are not reflective of our own. Can one of the moderation team please direct message me about this please as I want to get this rectified. Thanks in advance.

Hi @Chatsetchiens sometimes until a persons profile goes live properly, when you click on their profile it will take you to your own profile. It’s not that they have linked your profile so please don’t worry. Once their link is working properly it should correctly show their own profile. Just to reassure, if I clicked their link I would see my own profile too until their link goes live properly. Hope this helps.

Ok, that’s a bit weird that it does that but reassuring. Thank you for this.

@Chatsetchiens you are very welcome

1 Like

Hello @Chatsetchiens

I can offer additional help and reassurance. If the member adds the generic ‘preview’ link that is not linked to any specific account and is available to any member, when you as a member click on that link it takes you to your account as it thinks you want to preview your account.

If you DM me the member I can help them add the correct link that is for their listing/profile and remove the general preview link.

You can also find more information on this thread as it was raised before: Can you block another user in this app? - #23 by ziggy

I hope that offers you some reassurance and have a lovely weekend.

1 Like

I’ll try to DM you directly and hope it doesn’t bounce me it like it did the last few times. It sounds like it’s a system error playing up but I do appreciate you and @Samox24 for being so onto it with this!

2 Likes

@Chatsetchiens just to update the thread, I received your DM and have updated the link for that user. I have also replied to your DM - happy weekend :smiley:

2 Likes

Fantastic, Carla! I just sent you a DM.

1 Like