Fostering a good stay for sitters

Hi Kaylarose,
I am a sitter who will one day list my home when the time comes up.

I joined the site at the start of the year and done a few sits.
I love it so far!
The first sit was amazing: the HO left the guide on the table printed out with absolutely everything mentioned from where to sleep, what to eat (I could raid the cupboard if i wanted but only took milk from the fridge), information on how to access wii fi, internet, the tv channels, pay tv and even the vet information, medication requirements for the two pets, where they love to go for walks, anything important to remember (the cat drinks water from a wine glass and has done for over 10 + years) and needs replacing every morning, recommendations for local restaurants and takeaways ( i found a pizza discount on the fridge so used that one night), the washing information as well like where to find the liquid and softener, the toilet paper if needed, simple living things that a sitter needs to know. It was nice the offer was there for food in the cupboard particularly if your sitter has travelled a far and needs a bite to eat. Maybe they would be coming late at night so some toiletries like at a hotel would be appreciated. She even left a brush for me if I needed to get dog hair off my clothes.
The HO was so nice in the note, she wanted me to enjoy! I am trying to remember if there was anything else to write here for you. I kindly left the note on the table upon leaving (it had passwords and all that on there). Is there anything in your place that needs a pin number? door to get in? lock on cat flap? or even an alarm?
The next HO has put down the vet’s details and to immediately contact her no matter what time of the day so she can pay for an emergencies.
I have been communicating with all the HO’s via the app “whatsapp” so that is a good idea to download something like that for free communication between you and the sitter you c choose.
The first HO left the location details of where the keys would be for the house.
Upon leaving that sit, I asked what she would like me to do with the pets. She asked me to leave the dog outside with a bucket of water as it may have been a hot day.
We left a nice note and some chocolates (it didn’t match the wine bottle she left me).

The only issue for the first sit was that the place was quite untidy, wrappers and stuff on the floor (hair ties etc). I’d like to visit a nice tidy home and leave it nice and tidy or even better which i did in this case.
We made sure not to go into the ensuite (no go zones should be identified) but only to check on the wine glass of water for the cat in there.
If I think of anything I missed, I will add it here x

Oh yes… she had a coffee machine and left the bag of pods for me. I was too scared to use it but wow…how thoughtful…

Communication is crucial as Smiley mentioned.

6 Likes