Have one or multiple sitters/sits for a long vacation?

@Garfield I agree with the general gist of the responses so far, and I would never do a split sit. I just want to add one point I didn’t see addressed (sorry if I missed it).

Reviews are extremely important to the majority of sitters. I wonder how you could accurately review the earlier sitters within the required 14 days timeframe when you will likely not have even returned to the home? Yes, you could have someone else stand in for you to check the home, but that’s less than ideal.

7 Likes

@Garfield I agree with all the comments that have already been made on the potential problems with splitting the sit between several sitters.

If there is some damage to your home , how will you know which sitter is responsible?

If a sitter arrives to a dirty home - you will receive a negative review- although the situation may have been caused by the previous sitter.

How will your pets , who will already be missing you , cope with a succession of different sitters ?

Another thing to consider is your location . If a sitter will need a visa will be required for a sit of 5 months. If you are in the Schengen area then sitters who do not have a Schengen passport will not be able to stay in the country more than 90 days .

4 Likes