Having trouble finding a sitter, first timer!

Thank you for your input. I will add the info you suggested to the listing.

The first applicant is not unsuitable necessarily, but so far has been slow to respond to a request for a video chat. It is a long distance applicant which I know probably happens all the time on the site, but my first preference would be someone more local with whom we can meet ahead and do a walk through of the home. However, I am remaining open.

Andrea

1 Like

I’m in Petaluma and my recent sits have had fewer applicants than pre-pandemic, but I have always found someone great. I’d give it a few more days if you’re not excited about the one you have. That said, I agree with the comment above about choosing a good applicant if one comes along rather than waiting for a pool to choose from. Last year we posted a three month sit and I was nervous about finding the right person and wanted to have a handful to choose from, but the first applicant seemed so perfect I paused applications immediately. He was absolutely fantastic and I didn’t have to tell anyone no :slight_smile: Good luck, I hope someone great turns up soon!

1 Like