Hello from a new sitter in San Diego, California!

Hello everyone! I’ve finally joined and am so excited to get started. I currently live in San Diego but will be living that digital nomad life as of August. I lost my beloved pug Suki in January at the ripe old age of 15. She was my world and I miss her so much, everyday. She was the best companion a girl could ever have and I am so grateful I had the honor to be her human.

So here I am, now sadly pet-less, but with hope that I will soon meet many new furry friends (and their lovely humans). I’m looking to settle into a new city and lay down some roots in about a year, so I’ll be hitting the road checking out new cities to consider moving to. The plan is to head to the east coast in August, then make my way to Europe where I’ll spend some time with family for a while then venture out to explore and sit for lovely folks in Europe. After a month or two, I’ll head back stateside to do the same until I find a place that I love and want to call home for a while.

I’m looking forward to connecting with you all and learning more about this process. I’m nervous to submit my first application - I’m not sure why! Also, was wondering if you think I should upgrade my membership to the fancy luxury one?

Here’s a photo of my beloved pugtato Suki, may she rest in pug paradise:

10 Likes

Hi @Yaritza Firstly let me say we are so sorry for your loss of Suki and thank you for sharing her with our community, she is adorable.

Many of us know exactly how you feel having also experienced the loss and the heartbreak of losing a beloved furry family member and through pet sitting we’ve healed hearts and found pet joy once again.

I am one, having lost my beloved Springer after 14 years and now have furry, feathery and hairy "nieces and nephews’ all over the world, many of whom I return to time and time again. like now I’m also in San Diego with Mr Barclay for the 5th time.

So welcome to our pet loving community, to the forum and to TrustedHousesitters we look forward to sharing in your new adventure and enjoy connecting with our members from around the world …

Upgrading your membership is based on your personal needs and choices, here is a Guide To The Plans New sitter membership plans: a guide for existing sitters | TrustedHousesitters.com … and I’m sure you will get some helpful feedback from other members.

Welcome again and please don’t hesitate reaching out to me while I’m in the SD area using the Direct Message option.

Angela and the Team

Mr Barclay says welcome too …

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, Angela! And thank you so much for the kind words and for sharing Mr. Barclay’s handsome mug. Too cute! :heart_eyes:

Welcome, Yaritza! You have now entered the ULTIMATE PET AND TRAVEL LOVE ZONE. The places you’ll go, the people you’ll meet and the furry friends you’ll make will be invaluable.
We are just south of you in Baja (Rosarito) in a beautiful ocean front home with our beloved Aussie, Ellie. Will certainly keep you in mind for future visits!

3 Likes

Hi Yaritza
I can understand how desperately you must miss Sugi, and what a ripe old age she lived to!
You’ve done the right thing by joking THS and it’s a great way to not only have the company of pets again but to discover new places that you might consider to move to. Good luck!

1 Like

Welcome @Yaritza and best wishes in your new and exciting adventures.
Sugi looks absolutely precious and we can see that she was, is very loved.

2 Likes

I am so very sorry for your loss, as I understand totally the feeling of grief you are experiencing. We were THS “owner” members for our loving furbaby until we lost her in November at 12 1/2, and have since turned our attention to becoming sitters so we can get some of those snuggles and wet kisses we miss so much from our little girl.

THS is such an amazing community of pet lovers, on both sides of the fence. You will find so many opportunities to get some of that love you are now missing, all the while seeing new areas of the World.

I wish you the best of luck and hang in there. You will never forget the love your baby gave you, but this opportunity will help you just a little!

2 Likes