Hello from Chandler, Arizona USA

I’m currently on an extended road trip doing house sits all over the western U.S., mostly in Northern CA. If anyone in Northern CA (bay area/Sacramento) needs me, let me know!

2 Likes

Where are you located and how are you guys doing?

1 Like

:woman_facepalming:t3: I welcomed you in your other post and now I see you’re in America & not what I thought. What is the background to your username please?

1 Like

Welcome! Ooh Northern CA is absolutely beautiful. We were meant to do a 3 month house sit in Berkeley from April-July but of course that was covid-cancelled. Hope we get back there again someday. We did a road trip once between house sits and I just love the coastal scenery especially up by the redwoods!

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about your cancellation! Due to repeat house sit requests, I have been in Northern CA since beginning of September and I will most likely be here through March 2021! Very grateful for this opportunity.

1 Like

Not only sounds it but implies that the user of such a name is specifically from Puglia, which is what I hoped - I :heart: Puglia!

1 Like

I’m surprised you can travel so freely in the US with this pandemic, but maybe that will change now you’ve got Biden in charge? :grin:

3 Likes

There are still owners traveling and needing sitters. I wear my mask, keep my distance when I meet them. I’ve been in Northern California since early September and most likely staying up here for the next few months. Otherwise I spend about 99.9% of my time alone…and with pets.

1 Like

@Saltrams, I did the ancestry test and I have many ancestors from southern Italy. The rest are from Portugal and Spain. I’m 3rd generation Argentine (:

2 Likes

Domestic travel in the US varies greatly on where you are. Here in New York State it is not nearly as open as other places. Given how bad things got in NYC, the restrictions are much more strict here as everyone is very on edge about things going back to that. Anyone coming or going from the quarantine advisory list (over 35 states in it last I checked) must quarantine for 2 weeks upon arrival to New York State. This is why most listings I see within New York State are asking for in-state sitters. Things are very localized!

1 Like

I hope your situation gets better! Luckily I am staying in Northern CA quite possibly until June 2021. Keeping fingers crossed the situation improves by then. Stay safe!

1 Like