Hello from Dublin (have car, will travel)

Hello to everyone from Ireland! I am a German who has lived here in this wonderful country for 10 years. I have just completed my first house sit with two lovely cats, and miss them already. This web site really feels like it was made for me! I work from home and I have a car (wouldn’t drive it further than the UK though).
Animals I have cared for so far include cats, dogs, budgies, hens, goats, guinea pigs, horses and fish. I am always open to meeting new types of animals as well. For example, I know that turtoises can be really affectionate as a friend of mine used to own one.
I really look forward to meeting lots of lovely pets and their owners.

7 Likes

On behalf of the forum team, a warm welcome to the TrustedHousesitter’s community. Sitting for a tortoise does indeed sound like a fun adventure!

As you cannot share a link to your listing in this post, do share a link to your listing on your forum profile for a bit of extra exposure. But the main website is where ALL our members will see your opportunity and be able to apply and message with you.

If at any time you need any help don’t hesitate to reach out to our community here which is full of helpful members who have been through the process themselves and will happily give advice and guidance. And don’t forget our membership support team are always on hand to give assistance.

All the very best,
Forum Team

2 Likes

Thank you Kelly for your advice! I think I have managed to link my profile.

1 Like

@andrealovesanimals, welcome to Trusted Housesitters and to the Community Forum. Sounds like you have a great deal of experience you can bring to our owners. You will find it is a great place to share stories of your house sits and get great info from other members. We look forward to seeing some of your adventures posted here!

2 Likes

Welcome to the TrustedHouseSitters community @andrealovesanimals !!! That is awesome you were able to sit a variety of fun pets. I bet you have some exciting stories to share. I also heard that tortoises can be very affectionate, and lucky me, I get to housesit my first one next month. I am looking forward to it. We can’t wait to hear about all the other adorable animals you’ll get to sit.

4 Likes

Budgies!!! We love (and have owned) budgies. It’s always great to hear them called budgies from non-Australians (hate that they are called parakeets). As our first budgie used to say “budgie budgie budgie”! (Like our Australian call “Aussie Aussie Aussie…oi oi oi”)

3 Likes

How fun!! Where will you sit the turtoise, if that’s not a nosy question?

2 Likes

Crookie, I loved reading your post! I’ll actually be minding a super cute budgie here in Dublin starting next week. And how lovely to read from someone in Australia. It’s a country close to my heart. I was there once in 2004, and hope to go back one day.

2 Likes

Not nosy at all :slight_smile: I will be sitting the tortoise in Los Angeles, California. I can’t wait!

1 Like