Hello From Geelong Victoria Austarlia

thank you so much l really appreciate all your step by step help
l don’t know how to get the car off l have deleted it 5 times but it won’t go off main page don’t know what else to do
l will let you know if l get someone or if l have to Cancel the Trip if l don’t get someone Thanks for every thing xx

1 Like

Hi @Janeanne
I have removed ‘the sitters need a car’ tag for you.
I see you have added all the new amenities to your listing, which is a nice addition.
If you do not get a nice response within the next few days, do reach out to membership services who can help you Boost your listing.

2 Likes

Thank you & I Will

Hi Therese
you said to contact ~ membership services to Boost my listings
Sorry may l ask how to do that please

Hi @Janeanne
I do apologize for the delay. If you email support@trustedhousesitters.com asking them to boost your listing, they will do this with pleasure.

Hello Therese
I Did & They have boosted it for me & Explained how I can do it to ~ I Have asked a lot of people no luck yet Thank you so much Also how do l get the lounge passes ? Thanks again

It’s good to hear. Hopefully, someone will come through for you very soon.
With regards to lounge passes … you would need to email support again at least 72 hours before your flight, so Membership services can co-ordinate this for you.

Okay Thank You So much Have a great night

Well good luck to you and happy travels. This is a great site, with many good people.

2 Likes

Welcome, @Janeanne!

Wow, @Colin gave so much patient step-by-step advice! And you did a great job improving your listing!

• I like how you put the captions into the pics themselves. It’s so much easier to read, and photo captions don’t show up on the website anyway.
  • And how you added a heart to your listing title. I forgot you could do that. Are you on a PC (instead of a Mac)? I’m on a Mac, so if I use emojis it could delete my entire listing.
  • If you need any help in Oklahoma, let me know. I live in East Texas, which isn’t too far. I should visit my cousin in Tulsa anyway.

I definitely hope you find a great sitter so you can go on your trip. However, every PP (pet parent) should have a back-up plan in case of emergencies. Perhaps a neighbor or a hired sitter? It sounds like paying for the latter would still be worth it, since your trip is non-refundable.

One of @Colin’s first tips was to reduce number of pics per pet. You are right that the TH website enforces 2 pics per pet to go live. But you are already live, and I’m guessing Colin has seen plenty of listings where it’s only 1 pic per pet, depending on the context.

• Besides, in some cases it’s just the exact same pic twice, like the parrot. We’re all reasonable adults here. Try deleting one of the parrot pics and see how your listing looks then.
  • Then you can try downsizing to one cat pic per cat. I’d keep 2+ of your dog.

Do you have a car that sitters can borrow? What if they drive you to the airport and pick you up? While sitters may not need a car anyway, it’s quite the perk and would help differentiate from other sits, pulling you into the top 10%. Also, with a car, could the sitters take your dog with them? That could enable longer times away from home.

I have to learn from @Colin to give just a little help at a time… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@Janeanne: One more thing. When I click on your profile name, your listing link isn’t highlighted/clickable. That’s because you’re still at the Discourse trust level of “new.”

However, if you simply open/browse one new topic in the forums, that should bump you to the next trust level of “basic,” and that should fix your listing link.

More info:

1 Like

Sorry Geoff (Groff)pressed wrong letter :laughing: lol

Thanks for That Groff , I will try & do that today (please let me know if l do it right) Thanks
Janeanne

Hopefully l have done it right now it has changed
Also Please let me know if you can click on link
Thanks Janeanne

@Janeanne I’ve just checked, and yes, you can now click on the link to your listing in your forum profile

1 Like

Thank-you Debbie

Hi Janeanne, Welcome to THS. I just completed a house sit at Thomson/St Albans. I love the Bellarine region.

We’d be in heaven looking after your pets! and 6 cats especially!

4 Likes

That be fantastic so you are in Geelong would like to chat

2 Likes

Wonderful that you’re connecting @Janeanne and @MustLoveCats. Please discuss the specifics between yourselves using DMs (direct messages). I hope this works out for you both.

1 Like

we have,
I wouldn’t be silly to disclose personal details on here.

2 Likes