Hello from London, UK!

Hi all, my name is Hannah, I live in London with my husband David and our cat Pixie - she was named by our 4 year old neighbour, we usually call her ‘Mrs. Cat’ or ‘The Mrs’ which confuses so many people!!

It’s our first time getting into House sitting so I’m very excited to learn what people expect when they stay and how to be a good host!

9 Likes

Welcome to the wonderful world of THS, Hannah! Despite all the complaints you will read on the forum, which is actually a wonderful service provided by THS that gives members a place to learn from each other ( and complain! ;-), almost all of us love it here!! The forum is loaded with useful information. Many topics have been discussed in the past so if you have a question or concern, first do a search using the little spyglass at the top. If you don’t see what you’re looking for, ask it here. The forum is a very vocal group but we are actually only about 5% of the total THS membership.

If you would like input and assistance on making your listing as good as it can be, add the link to your listing to your forum profile. Then readers of the forum will be able to click on it and make suggestions. Fyi, we are not permitted to put the link in the body of a message. Click here for the instructions: How to Add Your Listing to Your Forum Profile

Enjoy!

3 Likes

Hello London!
Just had to say that as the UK is my home from a previous life I am certain :sparkles:
Welcome @millsH !
As @mars says you are in a wonderful place. Enjoy

@millsH
Hi Hannah. I’m a newish sitter that joined THS in mid May. When not sitting I’m based in Harrow.
I’ve found it a wonderful site and have loved my sits so far. I get to spend lots of time with some snuggle buddies and seen some great places. The last being Copenhagen
Sits work best for both sitters and HO’s when expectations are clear from the off. I realised this quickly. Everyone needs to be on the same page.

1 Like

Hi Hannah. Welcome to the forum. As you can see, we’re glad you’re here. There’s lots more happening here than just talking about pet sitting. You can use the forum to:

Our community members help each other have unique travel experiences while keeping pets happy at home. We’re glad you’re part of the community.

Have a great time exploring the forum :blush:

Hi @millsH and welcome! We are Australian sitters coming over to sit in the UK from November to March. We will keep an eye out for your listing when you add it to your forum profile.

Hi Hannah, welcome to THS. I’m sure you will have no problems finding suitable sitters for Pixie. This forum is full of helpful information. One tip that comes to mind is to have a friend or neighbour with spare keys for your house. We have often had to help our neighbour’s dog sitters when they locked themselves out.