Hello from Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

Hello Everyone,

It’s great to be part of the THS forum - I’m not sure it existed last time I was a member.

I used to be a THS when I lived in London several years ago. I then moved away and work got in the way, during which time, I only house and pet sat for friends, colleagues and family.

I am a freelancer again, lucky enough to be working from from a laptop so the world of THS house/pet-sitting beckons once more :star_struck: and I’m looking forward to some new adventures!

6 Likes

Hello @orangedrop and welcome to our new community forum, thank you for joining from Newcastle, you’ll be happy to know that you have missed nothing.

While the forum has been part of TrustedHousesitters for a year we only launched the to our global community in April and so we are still a very young forum but we have more and more members joining daily.

With the increase in remote working it’s good to know that as long as we have an internet connection, a good internet connection, the a pet and housesitting world can be our veritable oyster, dog, cat, llama or horse :)) and there will be more adventures on your horizon.

Enjoy the conversations and connecting with members from around the world.

Angela & The Team

3 Likes

Newcastle! One of my favourite parts of the UK and the people must be about the friendliest in the country (my apolgies to people from other places!). Only in Newcastle have I sat at a pub bar where a total stranger (a woman ) sat and chatted with no agenda other than being friendly and bought me a beer before leaving! I don’t know how other single sitters feel when they are travelling, but it can be lonely out there and a smile from and conversation with a stranger, can help make special memories of a place. I love Newcastle! Happy sits my friend.

3 Likes

Thanks @carpediem - happy sits to you too.

Newcastle is very friendly, I totally agree. A smile, politeness and general bonhomie cost nothing but can make all the difference to someone’s day.

2 Likes