Hello from SE London, UK!

Hello! We’re a family of 4 living in a spacious detached house in South East London/bordering Kent. In a lovely little village feeling area surrounded by woodlands but with amazing, quick public transport all around London!

We have a gorgeous Jack Russell, Jax! We adopted him from Belarus at 8 months old. He’s now 2 years old this week.

He’s our first JRT and we’re constantly told how well behaved he is for a JRT! He doesn’t even bark! He loves food and just loooves all the cuddles! (He’s currently sleeping on my partner’s lap as we video game!)

We’ve just put up our first listing for when we visit my partner’s family in America for about 10 days- 2 weeks.

A photo of Jax snuggled up and fast asleep right now!

4 Likes

Hi @Teagan
Welcome to the group and to trusted housesitters. You are very wise to be listing early for your Christmas holiday. The wording of your listing is really good. Honest and informative. I know your area, it is lovely - and Jax looks lovely too. Taking all this into account, even with your listing as it is you stand a very good chance of getting sitters.

However, Christmas is by far the busiest time of the year and in a short time many more Christmas sits will be advertised, and you will soon find yourself in competition with hundreds of other home hosts looking for sitters over the holiday period.

This is why your listing has to be the best possible and, I hope you don’t mind me saying, but your photos are currently letting you down.

My advice to you would be -

change your main photo - A cute one of Jax will be best - he looks like a real eye-catcher

Keep the photo of your house but use it as a secondary photo.

For your other photos.
1 - Declutter everything from on and around the bath then take it again
2- Declutter the table and everything around the bedside table. Make the bed, wait until daytime, open the curtains and take it again
3 - Declutter the sink and take it again
4 - Turn the chair to face the table, wait for daytime, open the curtains and take it again.
5 - Make the bed, move the suitcase & clothes from the floor, wait for daytime, open the curtains and take it again
6/7/8/9 - are all fine

With these adjustments, you will have a really great listing and I will eat my hat if you don’t get some applications from great sitters :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Not that hat again @Colin :joy::rofl:

1 Like

Hi Colin!

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply!

I was afraid that it would be incredibly difficult to find someone over Christmas/New year but I thought I’d give it a go!

We are incredibly lucky to live in such a beautiful, well connected area and hope someone would love to visit!

I’ll admit to taking the photos in haste whilst we currently have guests - I shall definitely take some better ones when they’ve departed! Thank you for your tips regarding photos.

We haven’t had any applications yet but fingers crossed we will when I update our photos! If not I’ll let you know so that you can eat your hat :joy:

2 Likes

Plenty of time for Christmas :grin:

1 Like

1 Like