Help for new year

I am really struggling, the friend who was due to sit for me for new year has had to pull out due to family illness. My flights, accommodation, etc etc are all booked, but not sure how quickly I can get a sitter before cancelling my trip, and losing my money…
Kali can’t go to kennels at new year as she is terrified of fireworks.
Help!!!

@ellieh dont panic, repost your dates, lots of sitters are waiting for the perfect opportunity ourselves included :smile: it’s still a long way away.

Hi @ellieh as @Enjaybee mentioned, you still have plenty of time to secure a suitable sitter/s and there are still plenty of sitters who won’t have secured their Christmas sit yet. I just had a peruse of your listing, your sit looks lovely so don’t give up hope just yet. :slightly_smiling_face:

There are bound to be sitters that would love to see their family who live close to you over the holidays. That’s exactly what we do, we sit near our family, and there are plenty who would love to escape their family too and have some peace and quiet :rofl:. Someone will turn up.

1 Like

You have positive feedback from your sitters, including one who has done multiple sits for you so that is good @ellieh.
One thing I would change in responsibilities is the time the dogs wake (5.30am) as you mention that’s when it’s lighter but this is a winter sit so hopefully dogs don’t have that early start! All the best!

Unfortunately they have regressed, and we are back to 4/4.30… maybe it’s just me, as the last sitter said they made it to around 5.30, and that was in September!:woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

I don’t think you would get many sitters willing to get up at 4am, to walk the dogs. Maybe work on that.

1 Like

Nooo, it’s breakfast, quick pee, and back to bed! No walkies required at that time!

If you end up not getting bites on THS and it comes down to possibly forfeiting your travel costs, you might want to pay someone to sit away from THS. Kennels aren’t the only other alternative. There are apps where you can book sitters (at your home or theirs), for instance.

For a special needs dog, you might also consider coming up with your own plan. Like I’ve previously reached out to the shelter where we adopted our dog and have found someone who worked there (but didn’t normally sit animals) and offered them holiday sits. Of course, it depends on your circumstances, but you might also ask around that way with vets and such. There are plenty of people who work with animals or who’ve done it in the past, who might be potential paid sitters.