Hi Community new here, should I join or not?

Hello @Cazbo and welcome to the Forum. You can already see what a friendly and helpful community we have here.

My husband and I are both pet parents and pet sitters. We just completed another stay with 3 dogs, 2 of whom showed signs of stress in the absence of their parents. I think for some, this is fairly common. We have an Australian Shepherd at home who is going on 15 and she STILL is melancholy when we leave.

I remember when my parents would leave us with a babysitter and my brother would cry for hours (it certainly wasn’t the case with me - I couldn’t wait to get into trouble :rofl:) The good news in all the sits we’ve done and even with our girl, is that it, too, shall pass! All that said, I just created a post on this very topic which I hope you’ll find helpful:

Like others have shared above, you may want to include this information in your listing and select those who will be home more than away during your travels. Of course being a proud member of the TrustedHousesitters team, I also hope you will decide to join this wonderful organization. The world is your oyster! We look forward to welcoming you as pet parents and supporting you along your journey. Please keep us posted.

Happy trails and tails :paw_prints: :paw_prints:
Karen S and the Forum Team

1 Like